• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Some Mental Health Professionals Have No Bedside Manner

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
Years ago, I saw a psychiatric nurse practitioner who had no bedside manner. He wasn't the warmest mental health professional in the world.

However, I continued to work with him because, although he had no bedside manner, he was very thorough, asked me a lot of questions, and had a lot of advice to give.

But I've found that the majority of mental health professionals are warm and friendly.

If you were seeing a psychiatrist or a therapist, would you rather work with a provider who had a lot of bedside manner? Or would you not have a preference?

Just curious.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would rather work with someone that has a good bedside manner. I think that is important especially when it comes to mental health treatment. If someone has none how do you ever really trust them enough to open up to them. I don't think I could but each to their own.