• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Some auctions just don't receive the attention they deserve:

tw5270

I bought a message in a bottle for Valentines Last year for my wife from a company called Timeless Message.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
That Lee Harvey Oswald file auction only showed 12 hits to me..

Could be some very interesting reading for sure. The $10k pricetag is reasonable for a unique piece of history. I think it would have sold if the right people saw it.

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
right I agree with Andrew. I only saw 9 hits when I looked at it and I was thinking the same thing. if the right people saw it they would have grabbed it. They should have payed for the high price get your item looked at thing LOL

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
I think they relisted it with a much better auction... I wanna say that GP bought it.

Chuck_U_Farley

Registered Member
my auctions never get the attention they deserve, I'm lucky to get 25 hits on my auctions.

Julie

Registered Member
Maybe I'm looking at it wrong or something, but I show 8 hits on the 'message in a bottle' one & 15 hits on the 'lee harvey oswald' one?? As far as the number of hits on your auction, I think it all is in the item you're selling. If it's an item that's in high demand, it will get a lot of hits...especially if it starts at a low price. But for me, I really don't care about how many hits I get on my auctions. The only thing that matters for me is what it ends $$$ for!

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
How DO you actually get more attention for an item on ebay? I know that there's people looking for wierd or rare items, but still, the chances that any given wierd item is going to be looked for and fought over by bidders at any given time are relatively small. Unless there's something I'm missing.

Here's an example:

[EBAY]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8267671914[/EBAY]

Last edited:

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
00vega said:
How DO you actually get more attention for an item on ebay? I know that there's people looking for wierd or rare items, but still, the chances that any given wierd item is going to be looked for and fought over by bidders at any given time are relatively small. Unless there's something I'm missing.

Here's an example:

[EBAY]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8267671914[/EBAY]
OOvega, with so many auctions out there, it's almost impossible to get noticed unless you make the auction as appealing as possible.
Many people use their own html in order to add specialized graphics.
If it's something you think should go for a high dollar amount, I would make it a featured auction. It costs a bit, but it keeps your product at the top of the page.