• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Some amusing facts

Shrek

Registered Member
1. For every human being on earth, there are about 200 million insects.
2. The harmonica is the world's most popular instrument.
3. By the time they are 65 years old, most Americans have watched more than nine years worth of television.
4. The puck in ice hockey can travel at up to 118 mph (190 km/h).
5. If you stretched all the nerves in the body from end to end, they would be about 47 miles long.
6. Humans have more than 600 muscles in their bodies.
7. Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
8. Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
9. There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
10. The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.
11. A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
12. There are more chickens than people in the world.
13. Two-thirds of the world's eggplant is grown in New Jersey.
14. The longest one-syllable word in the English language is "screeched."
15. All of the clocks in the movie "Pulp Fiction" are stuck on 4:20.
16. No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver or purple.
:D From: GigglePedia

Phoenix

Fee-nix
The one about how the average adult at the age of 65 has watched 9 years of television is interesting...and sad in a wierd way...just to think that basically nine solid years were spent sitting in front of a mechanical device...i prefer to spend my life differently :nod:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yet it's ironic because while you aren't watching TV at the moment you were in front of your computer instead. :)

I wonder how much time the average person under 40 years old spends in front of a computer in a year.

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
lol you are so right Andrew!

It depends on what they are doing I guess. back when I was playing mmorpgs, I could easily spend 6 hours a day in the game without even realising it. Of course that is the reason I had to get out of it lol I just cannot sit for long periods of time like that and I know it was not helping my health. Well of course, plus the fact that I had a newborn baby, A real good reason to quit and devote all my time to her : ) . Now when I get a computer hooked up in front of a treadmill I will think about that again hehehe

what I found intersting and will just have to try is that rubber bands last longer in the refrigerator. makes you wonder how people find this stuff out LOL

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Anyone else here get annoyed when people put peanut butter in the refrigerator? That's one if my pet peeves, speaking of putting things in the refrigerator. :D

Phoenix

Fee-nix
Yet it's ironic because while you aren't watching TV at the moment you were in front of your computer instead. :)
lol...good point :)
when i said that, i did kind of miscommunicate what i was trying to say...with the television, its generally used for mindless distraction (at least in my opinion). when i use the computor, im usually doing reaserch or typing up a report/project for school. of course i come here, but i dont take much time to do alot of activities just to pass the time such as games and the such.

Last edited:

Scathmere

"9. There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar."

Pretty intresting... I'd like to see the combos.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Go to the bank and take out $293.00 and when they ask you how you want it tell them you want all of the 293 different combinations. :D

I doubt they would do it.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I think it may be a federal law that says they have to give your change in any way you want. Even if you wanted a million pennies, but it would probably take a while.

85849 total variations, after some math it wouldn't be too hard, just time consuming. Lots of bags of quarters, ect.