• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Soldiers carrying weapons on base?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's a hot debate going on once again about if soldiers should be allowed to carry firearms on base. This subject comes up after every mass killing that takes place on military property.

I don't see where it would hurt if some were armed but I don't think everyone should be. Too many soldiers with PTSD to allow that. Anyone that is allowed to carry should be subject to psychological exams before they are allowed to carry and periodically afterwards.

Thoughts?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Carrying a firearm, in my opinion, is a privilege. Our soldiers should be allowed to carry a firearm like we carry our phones because their lives depend on having an existential relationship with their weapon.

I would go as far to argue that we need to have better psychological filtering for our soldiers if they are going to be allowed to carry on and off of base while they are not deployed.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Some states are now allowing National Guard members to carry. I don't know if its all of them or designated people or if it just at armories.

I don't feel like we should be leaving our soldiers as sitting ducks for every nut job out there. At least some of them most definitely need to be armed. After making sure they are not suffering from mental illness.