Soldier goes on rampage in FT. Hood - 12 dead, 31 wounded

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Wade8813, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

2. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Does any one else find it slightly ironic that it was a psychiatrist who snapped and did this?

3. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

No because its obviously the guns fault. I mean why would a human go on a rampage like that :rolleyes:

4. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

That is so sad. It's all over the news here. It's pretty local, but not close enough for me to go to the blood drive they are pushing. I wish I could.

5. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

This is very sad indeed. I wonder what caused him to go on a rampage like this. Soo many people lost their loved ones because of this moron.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Yeah I heard this one my way to work, now there's 13 of them dead and 30 wounded. My condolences go out to the family members and friends of the people that passed away.

Hopefully the wounded can make a quick recovery.

7. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I hope there's no racial backlash because of this. Even though he was born and raises in America, and has "no religious preference" the shooter was obviously of middle eastern descent. A lot of people are probably gonna focus on that and be quite angry about it. Though it'll probably mainly just be the type of people who were calling Obama a "muslim terrorist" on his way to the whitehouse.

8. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I heard about this as well before I went to work this morning, very sad indeed. Would be interesting to see what comes of this and the way the army acts.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Remember, if somebody starts going after you, that you started it. Just saying.

But yeah, the irony of the situation should speak volumes to the ignorant people who think you can single out killers and "dangerous" people.

10. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Pro, can you step away from the sarcasm and treat this like the tragedy it is? It's not a gun debate thread.

There will probably be some sort of religious backlash. He was a Muslim who had been disciplined in the past for preaching to his patients about the Muslim faith.

Just because he was a psychiatrist doesn't mean that he was immune to the same mental suffering that those without a degree are prone to.