• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Soft-Modding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
For posts that get removed or deleted (edited in some cases). It would be great if we were given a notification of this.

I am not becoming very fond of my posts getting removed or deleted from soft-modding.

Example I get rep for post and it says "N/A" where the link should be.

Fix it.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, we decided to do this in some cases where a warning or infraction isn't quite necessary.

The other option is to start handing out warnings or infractions for small stuff. Would that be better?

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Well, we decided to do this in some cases where a warning or infraction isn't quite necessary.

The other option is to start handing out warnings or infractions for small stuff. Would that be better?
A PM from the mod doing the softmodding as a courtesy would be nice.

Doesn't need to be a by the book warning. I did pm "warnings" when I was mod as oppose to dealing out an official warning.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Warnings could be issued more often for these, since they don't affect anything outright and they also send a PM. Sometimes there is a lot going on and it takes longer to delete and send a PM than it does to just delete and get back to what we were doing. Sending warnings for soft edits/deletes would be a fair request.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Yeah I've lost count of how many things of mine have been deleted - especially today. We should be told when and why this has happened.

Iris

rainbow 11!
If we aren't told why how are we supposed to know what we are posting that is wrong?

SuiGeneris

blue 3
Bliss those deletions were mainly my doing. I'm sorry I haven't really had time to PM you each time it was deleted, I figured since each was addressing Constatine and Constatine's post directed at you were deleted it would atleast be somewhat apparent.

I don't think this is a bad ideas. On a normal day mods have the time to do it, I know I'll work on it.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
None of my ideas are bad.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I'm fine with sending warnings for soft edits/deletes. It's less tedious to do than actually sending a PM. Also that would document it more because soft edits are harder to track from a moderating pov (we'll never know which member actually gives us more "work" than others just because the member wasnt infracted).

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Oh, that's what the N/A is for.:shifteyes: I never bothered trying to figure it out.

Cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.