• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 3 Socom 4 Delayed until 2011

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Jeremy Dunham (Zipper Spokesman) said:
“While we’re certainly aware that you’ve been looking forward to playing SOCOM 4 this year, we don’t want to take any shortcuts. Instead, we want to deliver the best and most immersive SOCOM game we possibly can and we’re going to use our extra time to do just that”.
For Socom Fans (like Myself) this is crappy news. So close to the last release date of Mid/Late September, hearing about having to wait another 3 or more months is a huge disappointment. I had stumbled upon this article today while I was looking for an S4 avatar...

With the value of the SOCOM name I am sure Sony doesn’t want to see a repeat of that again. I also think this extra time will probably also be used to tweak the controls for the Move. With Nintendo and [COLOR=#999999 ! important][COLOR=#999999 ! important]Microsoft[/COLOR][/COLOR] focusing on the casual market for their motion controls, Sony is looking at SOCOM 4 as an example to show that the Move can be relevant to hardcore gamers.

SOCOM 4 Delayed Until Next Year - Game Rant
That particular article asks a pretty good question, with all the release day push backs.... whats left for Holiday season now?