• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 3 Socom 4 announced!

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
Google Nachricht

By Zipper, so perhaps this time around we get some decent Socom game for a change.

Last edited:

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
The graphics look pretty.

BigBob

Registered Member
I bought Confrontation. I don't remember the last Socom I played. Im not a big shooter fan so it depends how I like confrontation if I get the new one

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
I bought Confrontation. I don't remember the last Socom I played. Im not a big shooter fan so it depends how I like confrontation if I get the new one

They are from different developers.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Yeah bob... DO NOT........I repeat... DO NOT!!!!!!! Judge SOCOM by Confrontation. Slant Six took over Zippers multiplayer masterpiece and thought they could get away with selling practically just the title.

SOCOM has pretty much always been at the top of its game. With Zipper back at the helm... I'll be buying SOCOM 4 without a doubt in my mind.

I hope Zipper increases the amount of players inside the games though. I mean combine some of the massive attributes of MAG with the Beauty and Playability of SOCOM... thats just a recipe for jaw dropping awesomeness.
------
hehehe now you got me all drooling, so I googled some more on it.

The Zipper devs didn't show any acted scenes during my demo, but they did say that all cinematic scenes are in-engine. That means you won't see sharp cuts to flashy pre-rendered cutscenes; story moments will blend in and out of gameplay.
it'll be cool to have a Single Player (or Co-Op for that matter) back into the SOCOM games. I had to dig the idea of how all the cinematic scenes are in-engine... now CG's to sell a fake game hahahah

The SOCOM 4 single-player campaign is built around 14 missions that unfold over about 12 hours of play time. And although Zipper is trying to make SOCOM 4 more accessible to new audiences, that doesn't mean it'll be a cakewalk. The team says they've focused intensely on artificial intelligence this time around. Don't expect dumb enemies to present their heads to you for easy popping. They're programmed to use suppressing fire, flanking and bounding maneuvers, and cover. Enemy commanders will even call in airstrikes on you (if you leave them alive long enough).
yeah... all I have to say is... I love Zipper.

Last edited: