• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Social Media anyone?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm pretty addicted to Twitter. I'm currently at 41,000 total tweets. I just love how you can get instant information right away, be it world news, sports, ect. Obviously, you have to be careful with your sources.

I'm still on Facebook, but I don't enjoy that as much anymore.

And, I'm also on Instagram which I enjoy a lot.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm pretty consistent in using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat right now. I slack a little bit on Instagram because I follow too many people, but the same can be said for Twittter. Snapchat is fun for me, especially as a guy who has a career that leaves him in the office on a lot of days. My friends and I will use Snapchat to complain about our days and goof off here and there on breaks instead of just texting lol.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Lately I've been gaining a ton of twitter followers. I'm not even sure why. I added some people from this minecraft server I play on, and they have shit tons of followers because they are youtubers. Anyways, I retweet and tag them sometimes so I guess all their followers add me. I don't mind really. it means i have a large audience. I've started posting links to it when I stream or upload a video, and my views have increased 10 fold lol. This bodes well, because I can start sharing my music to a wider audience too!

Rapier

V.I.P.
Like me on Facebook, Follow me on Twitter.
You don't know me, but that's okay, friend me, follow me, like me, worship me, hang on every word I say. I ate a cheeseburger last night. Isn't that special? Maybe I should YouTube myself eating the next one and you can come watch me drip ketchup on my plate.

... Sorry, social media never really appealed to me. Can you tell? :D

- Cham
You ok? Watching episode on TV right now.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
It's interesting... I started a Facebook page cuz it was the only way to get in touch with someone whose software I wanted to complain about. On my Facebook page I stated that I had no interest in Facebook and not to bother sending requests. I had not used my Facebook page for over a year since I created it, but in the meantime I received a gazillion friend requests reported in my email. Countless people who just randomly send out requests without even viewing the pages of the people they want to be BFF's with. I just shake my head.

- Cham

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
It's probably less that they haven't read your profile and moreso that its people who know you, who recognize your name when it pops up in the 'People you may know' box. Either that or spam

Rapier

V.I.P.
Most likely too much of a learning curve.

greentomato

Registered Member
I use daily Facebook and Twitter, and often also Instagram.

I've also tried to use Pinterest, but I don't understand how it functions and so I've uninstalled it...

Twitch

Registered Member
I'm usually only on Facebook. And the smaller communities on Reddit, if that counts.

I've tried getting into Twitter for posting quick jokes, but for some reason it hasn't grabbed me.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
For me I'm way more active on Twitter (@RebourneAgain) than Facebook or Instagram. Social Media is both the best and worst thing to happen to a lot of forms of entertainment and sports. Great way to share your opinions with others, problem is too many people can be trolls that try to bring others down to their level.