Social Groups

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by ysabel, Jan 8, 2009.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I haven't seen a thread about it but I noticed the access to the SG page has changed. The Social Groups link is gone. It used to be I just needed to two clicks then I could read the last message and reply; now it takes five.

Before:

Groups > Group Name > type post

Now:

Community > Social Groups > Group Name > Discussion Name > Last Page (is there even a way to change the sorting of msg order?) > type post

The current set up isn't really user friendly.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Groups can essentially have "threads" in them now. Instead of all the group posts being on one page you can now make new "discussions" in a group to keep conversations more organized. Think of the groups as a private mini forum now.

And I am trying to clean up the top menu, hence adding a few things under community.

http://www.generalforum.com/site-news/gf-upgrade-complete-52535-new-post.html

3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

An option to view the latest post then instead of going to the last page? One of our threads have more than a thousand posts so instead of going to page 130 it'll be nice if they're sorted the way they were before (last post on first page).

4. Mirage

I see what you mean.

I'll try to make it like normal threads so it goes to the last post automatically. That would probably be a good idea.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Thanks! While you're at it, it'll be nice to have notifications when someone posts too. :lol:

See? I told you I'm back! :madame:

6. Mirage

Why do I feel like I just got back from a 3 week vacation also? :lol:

7. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Seems like you made groups a lot more complicated than they need to be.

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Think of the positive side. If you feel like that, then you can get comfort from the feeling of having had a 3wk vacation. Even if you didn't know...:hah:

9. Mirage

I don't see what you mean. They have hardly changed at all.

1. A more organized main page instead of a huge list.

2. Multiple "threads" in groups instead of one giant one.

That's it... I always hated how they were before. If anything they are easier now once I fix the last post thing ysabel mentioned.