Soccer's Rise

Discussion in 'Sports' started by padd, Mar 25, 2008.

1. padd

padd Registered Member

How is Soccer in North America, not counting Mexico.. basicly in Canada and the U.S. My friend once told me, Soccer will become EVERY single countrys' favorite sport 1 day. He even included Canada.. I find that hard to belive. CANADA? home of the Ice?? Someone in another topic also mention soccer will overun hockey 1 day, so i decided not to go off topic. More people play outdoor soccer than hockey because it's easier to organize a soccer game than a hockey game, so what. there's more corporate support to the NHL than MLS, there are more NHL fans in the US alone than there are MLS fans all over North America.. As a canadian, I'm obviously defending hockey, so I'll say: the Chicago Blackhawks better make the playoffs soon, cause we need the real hockey fans from Chicago back.
    thats all i gotta say for now

2. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Fucking say Soccer one more time and I'll strangle you! It's FOOTBALL!!

F-o-o-t-b-a-l-l

But yeah, it's really going around the world, the A-League has rose so much, it's great1

3. padd

padd Registered Member

lmao the A-league sucks, low scoring @ it's best.. that's why it's better to play soccer than it is to watch it.. watching it is low scoring.

i'm not a fuckin swedish meatball, over here it's soccer..

4. Vidic15

Well, it's called football, doofus!

The more low scoring it is, the more exciting it is!

5. padd

padd Registered Member

6. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

90% of the world calls it football. Since you're going to be ignorant I'm not going to participate in this discussion.

7. Vidic15

That's America, you fucking tool.

The World calls it soccer.

8. padd

padd Registered Member

WTF do i care about 90% of the world, 100% of my country calls it soccer, not football, go hang yourself you f-ckin tea-bitch

so participate in it..

tool..? what am i, a wrench???

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  9. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Ok padd come on... If anybody is ignorant it's the US. We should have picked a different name for American football from the start. Terrible idea calling it the same thing as the number one sport in the world... Our bad, not theirs. "Football" existed long before "American football."

10. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I'm American and I prefer to call it football. Thanks for your advice though.