• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sobering up Methods?

thealigator

Registered Member
I am watching Mythbusters who are trying methods for sobering up after a bit to drink:

Black Coffee,
Exercise,
Cold/Ice Water,
Being slapped in the Face,

I don't tend to drink coffee when I am hungover, usually a mixture water and red bull. Also a hot shower and eating some kind of fast food does help, that and sitting on my sofa watching films all day and avoiding other people.

I don't think any one method would work for everyone in the same way that not everyone gets as drunk as others as quickly, there are a lot of factors, but what is your method for getting over a hangover?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Water does help, but you have to drink a whole lot(well, for me you do) to be hydrated again. If I can do it, I try to eat some greasy food, which helps a bit, but often times my stomach feels so bad that I can’t eat food. To be honest, the best solution for me is hair of the dog(if possible to do so).

I also sit in my bath while taking a shower and let really warm water fall on my head.

Impact

V.I.P.
Mac n cheese and a big ol' bottle of water first thing in the morning. Then a banana smoothie a bit later on. After that I can usually pass as human. I can't drink coffee after drinking, it makes me want to barf.

Twitch

Registered Member
Absolutely water, and napping. I had assumed a lot of a hangover is just being dehydrated. And I agree with Babe, I usually can't eat if I'm hungover. I've heard bread and bacon are the best foods though. Basically anything fatty that will fill you up.

Impact

V.I.P.
Napping is the obvious one here and I don't think it counts as a quick fix to sober up. That's like a long term thing if I don't have things to do.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I usually only have a couple of glasses of wine in the evening and then I go to bed. So I don't really have to worry about sobering up.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
If I've had a few and I need to function properly for something I'm attending, I find cold air, and deep breaths help get your head on a little straighter. As far as hangovers go, there's really no quick fix haha. Don't drink if you have to do shit the next day. I find the best thing to feel better is to just sleep in, watch netflix all day and then have a good supper and go back to bed haha.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
wooly Wrestling 6
TheMaster Health & Fitness 6
Jeanie School 6
Smelnick Health & Fitness 13
D General Discussion 2