• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Multi-Console So... Who Won the Next Gen Console Launch? Xbox One or PS4?

Taliesin

Registered Member
This guy has a surprising view of which console that was... well, surprising to a lot of folks perhaps. Check out the vid here.

What do you think?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I tried watching that video, but that guy just annoyed the shit out of me. I only got a couple of minutes in and had to stop, if I watched anymore of that man I may end up tearing my ears off. I can't deal with loud obnoxious people like that.

As for who one the next gen console wars, it's way too early to tell, everything is still new and in it's early stages. These things take time to settle in. I for one want a PS4 and a WiiU, maybe even an Xbox One down the track, but I don't plan on getting any of them within the next year.

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
That guy is annoying :lol:. He does make a great point but unfortunately I don't believe the majority will agree with him. The PS4 and XBOX One, while they are very good, don't have that same sense of fascination about them. Nintendo makes great software that fits their hardware perfectly, I don't care that the Wii U is less powerful, and I love the touchscreen controller, so naturally there's nothing to dislike about the console for me.

I did pick up Super Mario 3D World today and I have to say that if anything it hasn't been hyped enough. You might be saying "yeah yeah, it's a Mario game, blah, blah, blah." But it's so imaginative and creative that it's really not JUST another Mario game.

And yeah, it's called "current gen" now, not "next gen".

Last edited:

Konshentz

Konshentz
What an annoying piece of shit. I have no idea what console he thought "won", but he's wrong. Who's taking that guy seriously? Seriously?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Haha he's not wrong, he just has his own opinion. But I'm with you, he's so annoying that I couldn't even watch the video, so I would never really take what he says seriously. I'd rather watch a video with a more level-headed presenter who didn't feel like they were yelling at me the whole time. I can't stand people like that.

I just saw this on my Facebook page, a Kotaku article about the WiiU.

A Year In, The Wii U Is Still Not A Must-Own | Kotaku Australia

It really is down to personal choice in the end. All the people writing these articles are just stating their opinions. The annoying guy in the video thinks it's the best, the man writing this article said it certainly isn't a must-own. Different for everyone.

Last edited:

Taliesin

Registered Member
It really is down to personal choice in the end. All the people writing these articles are just stating their opinions. The annoying guy in the video thinks it's the best, the man writing this article said it certainly isn't a must-own. Different for everyone.
This. Right here. :nod:

I made this thread because I thought it would be interesting to get some discussion going on this whole console wars malarkey that has plagued the gaming landscape since the year dot. I find it all to be rather tiresome, and sometimes even a little bit amusing. Who cares what console is technically best? I mean, seriously?!

Pick the console you like and stick with it. Play the crap out of it. Love it. Love the games. Remember games? Games are why you buy a console in the first place, right? Yeesh.

And I agree. That guy is bloody annoying. Let me show you someone who is even more annoying than that.

Francis HATES the Wii U - YouTube
For the love of Cthulhu, will he please just SHUT UP! :shake:

Last edited:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Oh man, I've seen him before. I can't stand it. He makes the guy in the first video you posted seem like a soft-spoken gentlemen haha, I can't watch either of them.

I agree with you Eph, although in my case instead of picking one console and sticking with it, I was lucky enough that I was able to pick them all haha. Well, almost all. I don't want to be limited in what I can play.

dDave

V.I.P.
While we're at it, can we turn this into a "defective people on Youtube" thread? :lol:

The first guy sort of has his own style, and that's cool, it's not for everyone. The second guy though, dude needs to get a life.

I don't know why everyone keeps calling it the console "wars". Seriously, just pick what you are going to find to be the most fun. It's just like movies, cars, books, music, etc. people have different tastes that other people aren't going to care for. I chose to get a Wii U because I knew it would be what I would have the most fun with it.

Taliesin

Registered Member
I agree with you Eph, although in my case instead of picking one console and sticking with it, I was lucky enough that I was able to pick them all haha. Well, almost all. I don't want to be limited in what I can play.
Honestly, if I had the time and money, I'd have a Sony console as my second choice. I think they are closer to Nintendo in terms of the kinds of games they have on offer that I would actually enjoy. Who knows? I may be able to make that happen once the PS3 drops in price. That might be a good way in for me...

While we're at it, can we turn this into a "defective people on Youtube" thread? :lol:

The first guy sort of has his own style, and that's cool, it's not for everyone. The second guy though, dude needs to get a life.
When he made those stupid ambulance sound effects, I wanted to stab an ice pick into each ear. And then I remembered that I was deaf anyway, so I considered turning my hearing aid off. And then I remembered that I didn't have to turn it off at all. I just needed to stop the freaking video. So I did. Yeesh.

I don't know why everyone keeps calling it the console "wars". Seriously, just pick what you are going to find to be the most fun. It's just like movies, cars, books, music, etc. people have different tastes that other people aren't going to care for. I chose to get a Wii U because I knew it would be what I would have the most fun with it.
Exactly. It's about the FUN you will have. Full stop. End of story. Fin. ;)

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Exactly. It's about the FUN you will have. Full stop. End of story. Fin. ;)
Funnily enough, this is what I keep trying to tell myself while trying to play Ocarina of Time. I'm just not enjoying playing it, it's not fun for me. So I keep asking myself why I'm doing it haha.