• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

So who are you interacting with right now?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Since COViD19, who are you interacting with?

ive has drinks with some friends In a backyard from a distance. Same when I see my parents, I see them from a distance. I also have houseparty calls with some friends every two weeks or so.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
We've been laying pretty low over here. I haven't really seen anybody except over Zoom or if I was out buying food. Now that the lockdowns are starting to soften, we're starting to venture out more.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Kids a lot more since school is out. Also it's made me realize my parents are getting older and I need to spend more time with them so I've been doing that.
It's allowed me to refocus and concentrate on the important things in life. It's a lesson I still have a lot to learn. It's hard not to think about how to provide all of the time.

Konshentz

Konshentz
My co-workers. My roommate. My best friend. And that's about it. Everyone else is either by phone or messenger. It's been weird, for sure.

dDave

V.I.P.
Been keeping a pretty limited and very small closed social circle. We’ve been seeing my brother (the one that doesn’t post here anymore) and his wife pretty regularly.

Other than that, been seeing the parents when I go over to work on the car (lots of that recently, hopefully done fixing the car soon.

Haven’t seen anyone I’m not related to for almost 2 months, it’s so strange.

Impaired

Registered Member
I do video conferences pretty much daily for work, twice a week with some folks in Sweden, always interesting. My friend and I used to get together every Thursday, usually saber fence, then have dinner and drink scotch and dark beer. I just started a dungeons and dragons campaign and he is playing along with my youngest (25) daughter. We played last night for the first time on Zoom. It was fun.

We try to video chat every weekend with family. We've done a "crappy hour" virtual hang out a few times.

I have a friend who is a nurse and he has stopped by the house once or twice on his way home from work. He stands fifteen feet away on the other end of the patio and we talk for a few minutes.

The entire family did this on Easter, my oldest daughter made masks for the family and everyone met at my house. We cooked and gave them sterilized containers of food to take home and heat up. Let it out front on the orange "safe zone" mat I put out front.

It was painful seeing everyone and not being able to hug my daughters or granddaughters. Glad I saw them but I admit it made me teary and melancholy.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Work life:
I talk to people all day via email, phone conversations, and zoom meetings.

Home life:
My daughter visits every other weekend and my son lives with me. He keeps me busy. I also live with my father and grandmother (four generations, one house!) so I socialize with them some. Social media has been great for keeping in touch with friends and other family. GF has been awesome for participating in a more casual, fun conversation.

I would like to be able to go on a damn date or something, though. Or grab a bite to eat at a restaurant. I just don't want to run the risk of getting COVID-19 when I want to eat a burger and have a beer at a sit down place.

Shwa

V.I.P.
I've been going to work since this all started, so I see my coworkers in the office regularly, spaced away of course. Aside from that, my neighbors and I are separated by the fence, but we still communicate here and there when we're outside at the same time. Aside from that, mostly discord talking with friends when playing DND or other games online.