So what's so great about powersellers?

fairyquadmother

Registered Member
OK, if you're a power seller, you get a certificate, some special spam just for you, a chat room, someone to talk to you first when your auction is pulled for the 800th time, "and more!"

I would think power sellers would get real advantages, like lower fees, discounts on ebay related products, special sections only they could list in, etc etc.

Why would I bust my arse and spend a fortune in ebay fees to "hope and pray" I get power seller status? I just don't see what's so great about it.

Julie

Registered Member
I just made Power Seller a few weeks ago. I didn't go making any major announcement on here or anything, but I was pretty excited about it. I think for people like us who sell the everyday stuff...it's more of a status symbol than anything else. I think when buyers are searching for a certain item, they're more attracted to the ones that have a high amount of good FB & the ones that have the PowerSeller symbol by their ID. There are other perks that come with it...such as a discussion board & prioritized emails. There's more...but I haven't really looked into it a whole lot. Was more caught up in moving and stuff going on here.

And I really have no idea if you put up weird auctions that keep getting pulled if being a PowerSeller helps you get answers any faster.

nani1987

Registered Member
I always wondered about a powerseller status... I get spoof mail all the time.. but you know It would be nice if they gave powersellers a breakon fees.. that should be an incentive to be one.... I don't sell as much as I use to ... can't afford it... and my family more important to spend more time with..... I been on the computer too many hr without spending time with them...and that should be number one in my book....
nani

wolvergambit

Registered Member
Lower fees would be great.
The real benefit of being a Power Seller is that your sales usually increase, because people feel more safe buying from a Power Seller. That is what I was told when I first became one and I found it to be true.

fairyquadmother

Registered Member
With paypal, if you have so much $$ coming into your account per month, you can go from 2.9% to 2.2% fees. It's not a great deal, but when you have a $5k transaction go into your account, it's huge!

ebay should really do the same.

nani1987

Registered Member
but i think they are in partners with each other promoting each other sites... I dont' think they are own by the same.
power seller you have to be invited to be one right?
nani

TGirl

Registered Member
Nani I believe being a powerseller on Ebay is more than being invited...you have to bring in a certain amount of income for three or more consecutive months....
my question is...once a powerseller always a powerseller??? Or if you took a month off would you loose that statis?