• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

So it turns out I am having a son, not a daughter

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Some of you knew my wife and I are expecting our first child in the next month or so. We had announced many months ago that it was a girl. There was some question, but we went back and thought we had figured it out. Just last week we had to go in for a last minute ultrasound to make sure everything was ok and we got some surprising news. Haha!

Here's something I wrote on the whole ordeal. :)

Open Letter to My Baby Girl That Never Existed, and My Son I’m About to Meet

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, first off, I didn't even know you were married lol. So this comes as a surprise. Congratulations on the upcoming baby boy.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
You're married? Congratulations on that and the baby! Wow. Must have been crazy news to receive, but with family I suppose you always have to expect the unexpected.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah we got married last April. I thought I had posted about it.

It is a surprise for sure, especially since we already threw out all the tags for all the clothes we had ready to go. LOL!

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I didn't know you were married either, congratulations on the marriage and your son.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Nope, definitely didn't post it here. Lol.

Do you guys have a name picked out for the lil' guy?

@Mirage

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Nope, definitely didn't post it here. Lol.

Do you guys have a name picked out for the lil' guy?

@Mirage
Not yet. We had a girl name ready to go though. We are close on making a decision though.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Happened to me in reverse. Donated a lot of boy clothes to the church. One thing, boys are much less expensive. Lol.
Congratulations. Btw Spence is a great name. Haha...

Impaired

Registered Member
Congratulations. Best of luck. Parenting is the best and also hardest, most rewarding job ever.