So I'm going to Hell

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
According to Christian beliefs, I am going to Hell when I die.

I'm going to hell because I do not believe that a man was born of a virgin, was put to death by crucifixion, and came back to life. He did this because even though I've never committed a mortal sin, I still need to be saved from Hell since Adam and Eve, from whom I am alleged to have descended, ate a piece of fruit that they were told not to.

You have to admit, this is a pretty difficult thing to believe. But, since I don't believe it, I am going to Hell.

I'm not trying to poke fun, not in the least; I wanted to open a dialog on this after seeing Smelnick's statement in the "how important is evangelism" thread - "I know that all my non-Christian friends are going to Hell".

I know exactly where you're coming from. I can't believe that I talk to people on a daily basis who think I'm going to hell. Even if they think I might find God in my own time, it's never going to happen because that is firmly against my belief (my belief being that it's impossible for us to know). So at the end of the day, they think we're going to burn in eternity. I just can't get my head around that.

And that's absolutely no offence intended towards any of the Christians that I'm friends with here. I just don't understand it, is all.

Twitch

Registered Member
I'm probably going to Hell 10x over for the things I've done that are against the Christian religion.

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints."

Unity

Jedi Mind Tricks
Staff member
I'm Catholic and by no means do I think that people of different faiths and belief systems - or lack thereof - are going to hell. I doubt my brother does as well, and he's a Priest.

I think that's misguided and a huge misinterpretation of our faith.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Hey, I didn't write the book! Lmao. Don't shoot the messenger. I'm sure if you're a good person, you can just hang in the lobby of afterlife instead of going to hell. Free coffee woot!

Also, this means I prolly raised a storm in that other thread eh?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
"I know that all my non-Christian friends are going to Hell"
How can I go somewhere that does not exist?
Just because you think it doesn't exist [I think the same] doesn't mean it actually doesn't exist and doesn't mean we're right about it.

Jeanie said:
and because you don't believe that it exists, you're automatically going there.
To tell you the truth[IMO], even the fanatic Christians hardly believe this.
I guess they know this doesn't make much sense, but they choose to accept it, closing an eye and an ear....

Bananas

Endangered Species
Just because you think it doesn't exist [I think the same] doesn't mean it actually doesn't exist and doesn't mean we're right about it.
Very true Elly. However we can apply this logic to anything.

If people give me positive rep for this post they will have an eternity in cookie and ice-cream land, if they read this post and fail to give me positive rep then they shall be banished to the land of broken glass and annoyingly little splinters.

...believe it at your peril!!!!!! ;)

quantumechanic

Registered Member
I'm Catholic and by no means do I think that people of different faiths and belief systems - or lack thereof - are going to hell. I doubt my brother does as well, and he's a Priest.

I think that's misguided and a huge misinterpretation of our faith.
????
"a huge misinterpretation"?!
How, then, would you interpret the following passage:
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.
John 3:18