• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

So I am reading sections of the Taxcode for work to "enhance my learning experience"

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I am reading sections of the tax code due to a lack of work and my manager thinks it is a good idea.

This is by far...the dullest thing I have ever read. I am not going to lie but I really have no interest in reading most business related items.

I never have but the people at the firm seem to getoff with this type of reading and I dont see how.

EXQEX9

Yep.
Wow, swift...

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Seriously...

"Section 168(b)(1)

Except as provided in paragrphs (2) and (3), the applicable depreciation method is-

(A) the 200 percent declining balance method,

(B) switching to the straight line method for the 1st taxable year for which using the straight line method with respect to the adjusted basis as of the beginning of such year will yield a larger allowance"

EXQEX9

Yep.
Duh...

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
Seriously...

"Section 168(b)(1)

Except as provided in paragrphs (2) and (3), the applicable depreciation method is-

(A) the 200 percent declining balance method,

(B) switching to the straight line method for the 1st taxable year for which using the straight line method with respect to the adjusted basis as of the beginning of such year will yield a larger allowance"

Dude! I'm on the edge of my seat! Don't leave me hanging, what happens next?

Malificus

Likes snow
I suggest amputation How attached are you to your Hypothalamus?

Minimint1

Registered Member
Learn the fine art of looking at the page without reading the words. Then just day dream =D.

And yea I didn't even read up to B) :p.