So Frustrated

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by dize, Oct 2, 2006.

1. dize

dize Registered Member

I listed a piece of art 2x and some one keeps doing the BIN and turns out they are a fraud. They keep bidding on me and several other auctions w/similar listings. It is so frustrating. Who can I prevent this from continuing to happen?

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Report the people to eBay. There are a lot of jerks out there who find it fun to mess with people like that. :(

eBay can ban them by IP address, credit card #, or street address to prevent them from creating multiple accounts and doing it again. :)

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Can you block their bids, or are they using more than one ID?

4. dize

dize Registered Member

They are using more than one id. It was two different ones. by the time they are NARU'd they are on to another id

Unfortunately they had different addresses Different names. This is typical w/ art

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2006
  5. SouthernGal

SouthernGal Registered Member

Oh, that is SO frustrating!!! I am not sure what can be done, except to keep reporting them to Ebay.

The worst part is that they are ruining your chances of having someone else pay the BIN price!

Do they use different IP addresses? Maybe Ebay can block the actual IP addy?

6. dize

dize Registered Member

I have the auction set that they have to be pre-approved. Which I feel turns off potential customers.

7. Penguin

Penguin Registered Member

Beautiful painting!

I don't know how to fix the problem, but I sure hope you get it worked out.

8. dize

dize Registered Member

I think people got burnt out w/ the constent BIN bids that went no where. No one really bidded this time. Plus the Pre-approval thing probably turned them off too.