• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

So... Did you get Vista yet?

proUSA

Registered Member
I have Vista Business on a dvd somewhere... I got it through my school's MSDN. I haven't installed it, and i probably won't. Hell, i just downloaded it so i could say "I have Vista", and then not use it.

I would love to try and dual boot my pc with OSX. I'd need to find a copy first.... lol.
Here is a link.
Apple Mac OS X on x86: a first test Tech Guide in Operating systems Reviews at ZDNet.co.uk - Page 1

There is various information on doing this, but I can't promise that it is successful. Also check the link I posted above. I'm going to give it try next month, I have my fingers crossed.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi ya.

My new Laptop came with Vista in it and I love it..I wouldn't go back to Xp for all the money in the world.

I think it just takes a bit of getting used to it, some of the old XP functions have been improved as well as renamed.

The new Vista search feature is killer makes it easy to find shit on your computer..

I haven't came across any glitches (that doesn't mean there aren't any) so all is good in the computing universe.

dDave

V.I.P.
I heard that there are tons of glitches so I'm gonna wait for a while...

it's not like Vista can do anything that XP can't that I actually want to do except look prettier.

mist3r_j3sus

Registered Member
If you got a fast rig then Vista is a dream... but most of us don't have that kind of budget, or in my case, blew it all on high end apple computers. There has to be a way to make Vista less dependent on resources.

rockthebox

i've heard pretty bad things about vista actually. been looking into linux and ubuntu for future operating systems.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Ubuntu is Linux. How much do you know about the OS?

Stay away from Vista. If you go Windows then get XP.

dDave

V.I.P.
Vista Home premium is horrible but fear not for you can get Vista Ultimate, it's a direct upgrade from Windows 2000, XP, or Vista Home.

I didn't know that you could install Vista Ultimate from XP i thought that you absolutely had to have Vista Home Premium to get it, this is good news, I see Vista coming.

Vista Home Premium = hating your computer

Vista Ultimate = not being able to stop using your computer.

I think that i might be getting Vista soon after figuring this out.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I've heard most of the horror stories are from incompatible hardware and a horrible system for upgrading.

dDave

V.I.P.
if you custom build your computer then you should have no problem upgrading your computer, at least that's what I've heard.

It can support more than 2.75 GB of ram unlike XP so it can't be all bad.