• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

So Damn Overwhelming

Dabs

Registered Member
Life.....every day, every night......it just seems at times, life becomes so overwhelming at times.....not sure which way to turn.
Sorry....didn't make much sense, but.....that's all I needed to say :sigh:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
What do you do when it feels overwhelming?

What kind of events/thought processes usually lead to that feeling in the first place?

Practically thinking about those kind of things can really help.

Dabs

Registered Member
Thanks Unity.
I feel like Atlas.....really truth...like the whole world rests on my shoulders, sometimes, and I am afraid I am about to let everyone down, by dropping their asses...it's getting heavy :(

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Maybe you need some alone time and seperate yourself from the people that you think that you are going to let down. I have felt the same way you felt before and I forced myself away from them for a short period of time. Yeah, it was hard, but it made me feel better when I spent time with me, myself, and I and it took a little bit of weight off my shoulders. But in your case, you have big family and I would probably use Unity's advise.

Dabs

Registered Member
Thanks General....and Unity :)

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Two things I've learned that might help your situation:

-When you notice yourself begin to feel overwhelmed, sit down and write down the thought and what led to it. Then, write down some thoughts of how you can manage the situation, about what resources or people you have, or about how you've dealt with these situations in the past.

-Also, when you have a lot in front of you and feel that it's too much, deal with what you can first. Just a randomly made example: if someone is depressed, but also dealing with some unpaid bills and a broken down car, taking care of the practical things first (with help if necessary) can help to make the bigger things feel less overwhelming.