Snowshoeing

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by Major, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Anyone here ever tried snowshoeing? You know, strapping these things to your boots

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I did it today with a friend at a nearby forest preserve. I had never done it before, but it was actually a lot of fun. It's basically just like hiking through snow, but the snowshoes make it easier to walk over deep snow without sinking. Unfortunately we don't have real deep snow here, but it was a really good workout. Probably went about five miles and I was pretty beat afterward. Did a lot of walking off-trail and found some good hills to ski down. I'd definitely like to try it in the mountains sometime and do some winter ascents of some high peaks.

2. Puck

Puck Registered Member

I love snowshoeing!!!
    It used to be a mandatory winter activity when I was in grade school...
    Can't get anymore Canadian than that, eh?

3. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

In elementary school, we would go snow shoeing during gym class for an hour. It really is quite fun, because yes, you can stand on such deep snow without sinking. It's kinda boring after awhile, at least when you're a kid. But I imagine if I were to snow shoe now, I'd find it fun.

4. k3rm0r

k3rm0r Registered Member

I tried it a week or so ago. and it's killer fun. Atleast downhill. I actuly slided down like 10 meter..Fun times