• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Snowflake University

Impaired

Registered Member
Suddenly peaceful protest is a negative thing.

Impaired

Registered Member
Thanks for the deflection to Obama. Very meaningful.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
If they ever have to listen then they'll probably become Trump-Pence supporters. It's so easy to change up weak sauce.

Anyways back to the OP, I don't see anything wrong with the protest. Sure, you could say it was disrespectful to the VP, but to be fair, the guy is a vocal advocate of shocking gays back into straightness. It's not like this administration has had much respect for it's constituents. I like how they handled it. They weren't disruptive or loud. They disagreed, they left. I wish more protests worked that way. And wait isn't this the same "snowflake" who was butt hurt over a Broadway play a few months ago and demanding apologies left and right?

Also, I think it's kind of unfair to compare this particular protest to the Tea Party protesting Obama.... y'know, seeing as how most of those protesters were a) incredibly racist and b) some of were even going as far as lynching his effigies from trees. That doesn't sound like a "peaceful" protest to me.

Also, anyone who uses "snowflake" as a political insult immediately loses any credibility. I find that once you use it as an insult to brand everyone and anyone who disagrees with you, it loses all it's power. It's like using the word "cuck" as an insult.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Snowflake is the new race card. You know when you disagree with someone you just call them "incredibly racist". If the tea party is racist then I say these protesters walked out because Pence is a white Christian.

I'm not disparaging these guys. They were peaceful. They didn't act like thugs. They were respectful. I just would never allow a speaker this much power over me. Once they left they were not allowed to come back in and walk across the stage.
Maybe that's not important to them. Idk.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Snowflake is the new race card. You know when you disagree with someone you just call them "incredibly racist". If the tea party is racist then I say these protesters walked out because Pence is a white Christian.
Okie doke. Maybe then you can explain to me how these tea partiers were not being "incredibly racist":

It's one thing to protest an administration. That's fine. it's a completely other thing to call for the lynching of the first black president or to refer to him as a monkey or Islamist terrorist. That IS incredibly racist. Either that, or we have very different definitions of racism. There's no "snowflaking" about it. That's not to say the left hasn't done some really questionable things lately (cough*Kathy Griffin*cough) but don't compare a group of student quietly walking out on a VP who, again, openly advocates violent conversion therapy to shamelessly racist hillbillies.

It's hilarious that those using that buzzword are the biggest snowflakes of all. I remember 7 years ago when I joined, when this is sub-forum was full of people crying foul over Obama - everything from his politics to even the dude appearing on The View. I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just saying don't be a hypocrite about it.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I can do the same thing.

Here are a few members of the LGBT supporters saying horrible things about trump and Christians. The #1 issue of the ND protest was LGBT issues. Therefore all of the protesters are bigots. Therefore I support Trump calling them fudgepackers because it was ok for Obama to do that to the teaparty.

I shouldn't have to say this but I don't believe any of that.

And I shouldn't have to say this for the fourth time but peaceful protest is great. I would never give up my chance to walk across a stage and get my diploma because there was one speaker there that I didn't agree with. I can handle being in a room with someone I disagree with. They either couldn't handle it or the graduation ceremony wasn't as important as walking out.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Wait, when did Pence request apologies over a Broadway play? I saw others demand an apology from them, I never saw him do it.

I think it's kind of weak to walk out during a graduation speech, but whatever. It's your graduation, if you want to act like a child, go ahead, nobody should stop you. You have the Constitutional right to peacefully protest, go ahead.

Just like people have the right to say racist things and people have the right to make fun of and say horrible things about Christianity. It's disgusting, but even disgusting speech is free speech.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would have never walked out on a speaker I didn't like on a very important day to me but it was their choice. A dumb choice in my opinion but theirs to make. No one is going to remember this.