• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Snow: God's Anti-Gay Weapon according to Rev. Pat Robertson

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Source

VIRGINIA BEACH (The Borowitz Report) – Rev. Pat Robertson sparked controversy in today’s broadcast of his 700 Club program when he claimed that God created the blizzard currently battering the Northeast “to punish Americans who were planning to drive to do something gay.”

Explaining his theory, Rev. Robertson said, “Because of the bad road conditions the Almighty has made, any gay activities that people were planning on doing will have to be postponed by a day or two.”

Additionally, he argued, God shut down major airports in the New York area “so that people who were hoping to fly to do something of a gay nature would have to take a train or a bus, so it might be days before the gay thing they were going to do could occur.”

As for the millions of straight people in New York City who were also grounded by the bad weather, the televangelist said, “I think God probably wonders, if these people are really straight, then what are they doing in New York?”
Why do people insist on making comments like this? This guy has to be a comedian in disguise . . . right? Snow? The new anti-gay weapon of choice for the Almighty? You think maybe it's time people like this chump stop pretending to be God and instead take some time to be more like his son?

Just saying.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Sim

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
I mean this as no disrespect to anyone who believes in a God, but it is people like this Pat Robertson who make people who believe in God look foolish. I do not know how a person who speaks like this could be any kind of leader to any religion or who would accept him as such.

It is snow! The US typically thinks little snow is a lot of snow and is not well prepared like many Euro countries to deal with it. I think where I live we are to maybe 5 meters (17 feet?) of snowfall from October to now, what would Mr. Robertson say of this?? Are we being punished because of Gay people here? or perhaps this is a typical snowfall for the area?

I can not help but laugh at Mr. Robertson and to wonder why is this person of any importance to anyone?

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
I dunno, maybe he's disappointed his flight in got cancelled?

Oh well, who listens to that douche anyway?

Tucker

Lion Rampant
You think maybe it's time people like this chump stop pretending to be God and instead take some time to be more like his son?
That's a nice thought, but Pat Robertson's version of Jesus probably thinks of gay sex when he looks at snow, too. Robertson also sees God's personal wrath in the tragic tolls of 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina and probably in every bad thing that happens to people he's not comfortable around. He has also claimed a string of divine revelations of an apocalyptic nature, none of which came to pass. If it walks like a duck and it talks like a duck, it's a quack. But he keeps Grandma tuned in and tithing! ;)

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I mean this as no disrespect to anyone who believes in a God, but it is people like this Pat Robertson who make people who believe in God look foolish. I do not know how a person who speaks like this could be any kind of leader to any religion or who would accept him as such.
The people like Pat Robertson are outspoken and (IMO) misguided people trying to make money, and he's definitely not a legitimate religious leader.

What people need to remember is that the louder, hateful, fundamentalists don't represent other people that are Christian (or believe in God in general) just because they're loud and they have a forum with which they speak to the masses. Just like not all Atheists are disrespectful of religious people, not all religious people want to persecute other people. The people that aren't yelling and being hateful are hopefully just living with their religious preferences in their own way and hopefully are doing good in their daily lives.

The best thing that we (everyone, not speaking on whether people are religious or not) can do is to ignore guys like Pat Robertson that are spreading hate in the name of religion, and to counteract with a more positive way of carrying ourselves.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
The people like Pat Robertson are outspoken and (IMO) misguided people trying to make money, and he's definitely not a legitimate religious leader.

What people need to remember is that the louder, hateful, fundamentalists don't represent other people that are Christian (or believe in God in general) just because they're loud and they have a forum with which they speak to the masses. Just like not all Atheists are disrespectful of religious people, not all religious people want to persecute other people. The people that aren't yelling and being hateful are hopefully just living with their religious preferences in their own way and hopefully are doing good in their daily lives.

The best thing that we (everyone, not speaking on whether people are religious or not) can do is to ignore guys like Pat Robertson that are spreading hate in the name of religion, and to counteract with a more positive way of carrying ourselves.
I do agree with what you say here, my question is why is this Pat Robertson news worthy? If no religion is to take what he says seriously, then how does this man have the power to attract news media?

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Oh come on, folks; we need people like this! They unite us in our laughter!

He's also a great tool (pun intended) for determining who the real loonies are, too.

Last edited:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I do agree with what you say here, my question is why is this Pat Robertson news worthy? If no religion is to take what he says seriously, then how does this man have the power to attract news media?
He counts as what's called a Televangelist, I think (Television plus Evangelist). The reason he's newsworthy is that he has a lot of money, a television show, and enough people that like what he says.

Oh come on, folks; we need people like this! They unite us in our laughter!

He's also a great tool (pun intended) for determining who the real loonies are, too.
Hahaha, I do feel the unity (pun intended) in this room.

But I'd rather go without people like this saying hateful and unrealistic things, besides the laugh we can have at the whole concept. He can say what he wants, though.

Sim

Registered Member
Why do you call me bigoted when I protest against Christians attempting to build churches? Obviously, this guy is perfect proof why Christians are horrible and have no place in our Western World: They hate gays, they murder abortion doctors and they don't even understand basic science!!!1!

The Bible is like "Mein Kampf" and should be banned, can't you see that? It inspires violence, and their so-called Christian "clerics" are hate preachers!

I was outraged when I learnt Christians want to build a church next to a former Nazi concentration camp -- that would be like a victory for these Christians, because most Nazis were Christians too! Of course I'm all for freedom of religion, but they should really think of a better place. Erecting a symbol of Christian victory next to a concentration camp where Christians gassed people to death is more than tasteless. :sick:

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
Why do you call me bigoted when I protest against Christians attempting to build churches? Obviously, this guy is perfect proof why Christians are horrible and have no place in our Western World: They hate gays, they murder abortion doctors and they don't even understand basic science!!!1!

The Bible is like "Mein Kampf" and should be banned, can't you see that? It inspires violence, and their so-called Christian "clerics" are hate preachers!

I was outraged when I learnt Christians want to build a church next to a former Nazi concentration camp -- that would be like a victory for these Christians, because most Nazis were Christians too! Of course I'm all for freedom of religion, but they should really think of a better place. Erecting a symbol of Christian victory next to a concentration camp where Christians gassed people to death is more than tasteless. :sick:
I can understand your argument here, though I do not agree 100%. I do believe that the religious "lines" drawn around the world cause confusion, rhetoric and yes, even violence no matter what faith we speak of.

The largest problem with religion and what is written, is to me interpretation. One can say Islam in it's self teaches peace and harmony, but the book of Islam says otherwise, same can be said of Christianity, Judaism, any religion. All are very open to interpretation and as long as there is this, there will be those extremist from every denomination.

I question this, should all religious writings undergo updates by how it is intended today? or are the violent or discriminatory parts of these writings of importance?

This is maybe for another thread... but is my response to Sims post.

Last edited: