• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sneezing

Dabs

Registered Member
When you have the urge to sneeze, and you are out in a public place....how do you handle the situation??
Sometimes, we don't always have a Kleenex handy.
Do you just cover your mouth with your hand, then sneeze....then..what??
Do you wipe your hand on your pants or shirt??
Do you rush to the nearest bathroom facility??
If you have a hanky, or Kleenex, then I assume you are set......sneeze, then toss.
It bothers me to see people at stores and places, who sneeze, using their bare hands....then you can watch them, and they will just sort of wipe their hands on the pant leg or something...probably in habit, so they aren't even aware they are doing it.
I try to stifle a sneeze if I feel one coming on, and I am out in public.
Most times, I can keep it in......as hard as it can be ~LoL~
But I always have Kleenex in my purse.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
It bothers me to see people at stores and places, who sneeze, using their bare hands....then you can watch them, and they will just sort of wipe their hands on the pant leg or something...probably in habit, so they aren't even aware they are doing it.
I try to stifle a sneeze if I feel one coming on, and I am out in public.
Most times, I can keep it in......as hard as it can be ~LoL~
But I always have Kleenex in my purse.
I guess it is going to bother you on what I am about to say. If I sneeze or have a stopped up nose and there is no tissues around me, I'll cover one of my nostrils with my thumb and blow whatever snot I have out of the other nostril and then do the same thing to the other nostril. Most men don't carry tissues.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Most of the time when I sneeze there isn't anything to wipe away. Unless I have a cold then I always carry tissues.
If I am not unwell and need to sneeze I usually put my arm over my mouth instead of my hand.

Dabs

Registered Member
Most of the time when I sneeze there isn't anything to wipe away. Unless I have a cold then I always carry tissues.
If I am not unwell and need to sneeze I usually put my arm over my mouth instead of my hand.

That is a good idea, as I have been known to do this if I can't get to a Kleenex quickly enough!

@ GB.....tis Ok dude, I know...it's a man thing :lol:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I cover with my bare hands if there's nothing else I can find to cover. I can't hold it in, plus I love the feeling that goes with sneezing. It's like freedom. I dislike it when I feel like sneezing and it won't come out!

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
If I have a nasty sneeze in my hand and I don't have any tissue nearby I make a straight line for the bathroom. That crap is gross.

Impact

V.I.P.
Like Bliss, if there isn't a tissue around, then i'll sneeze into my arm. It seems a little more hygienic then sneezing into my hands when i'm not around anywhere to wash them.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I try to sneeze in my arm but I always seem to go for the hand first. I guess it's muscle memory or something.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I always cough into my arm, but never use it for sneezes. I wouldn't want to get nasty stuff all over my shirt sleeve if something does happen to come out. I usually just turn my head away from where people are at and then sneeze. If I'm in a really crowded area then I'll just sneeze into my hands and then wash them asap.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Sneezing on the arm feels like you'll fill whatever your wearing with nostrils lol.
I have never sneezed/coughed over my arm. I just use hands to cover my mouth and I usually carry tissues with me so the situation doesn't become awkward.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
anmracing Health & Fitness 3