• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Snatched off street for jury duty

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sheriff’s deputies in Wisconsin plucked random residents off the streets last week after a judge ran out of potential jurors.

Wisconsin deputies snatch residents off streets for jury duty after judge invokes obscure law
I didn't know they could do this. I think it is wrong and shouldn't be allowed. Your out shopping and the next thing you know your forced to do jury duty. While I think its a citizens duty to do jury duty it shouldn't be brought about in this way.

I have to wonder how many other crazy laws there are on the books that we would object to.

Thoughts?

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Where I live, there's still a law on the books that says establishments that serve alcohol must also provide a place to tie and water your horse. I'm just waiting for city police to start suddenly handing out fines. lol! As for suddenly imposed Jury duty, I would rebel by intentionally failing the screening questions. Throw in some racism and UFO propaganda and I reckon I would be sent on my way pretty quick. :D

- Chameleon

Last edited: