SMSI: My latest stock purchase

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I've been stacking as many shares of SMSI and SMSI options as I can afford, which is not a lot.
Very small computer company that got the contract to replace an add-on service Family Locator for sprint. The new plan is called Safe & Found. They get $3.50 per plan install. I have confirmed that the existing plan has been decommissioned and the customers on this plan will be switched very soon. Search the Sprint community forums for Safe and Found and you will see my conversation with them.
I've done a lot of research and feel confident that this is a home run. Qtry report this week. They have already stated they will be profitable this year. This report could be very interesting. This stock is so tiny that even $100 invested could really pay off.

And I don't want to make it seem like it was all me. Most of what I know about this comes from a guy I greatly admire and is teaching me a lot about investing. His name is Mark Gomes. Google that to find his blog.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
How will the T-Mobile and Sprint merger affect this?
a) Surprisingly, few people think it will happen.
b) It will take a year if it does.
c) There are many things that will need to be merged before they get to what family locate app they use.
d) Safe and Found is superior to anything else so it could be the default.

Basically what I'm saying is the merger will have zero effect in my time frame. Maybe Smithmicro is a billion dollar company or maybe they are broke in 3 years. I won't be invested either way by then.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
As an APP Safe & Found gets mediocre to crappy reviews.
Its why the roll-out has taken so long. The current release gets much better reviews than previous. Sprint has committed to seeing Safe and Found through and has began the shut-down process for the other app, Family Locator.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
SMSI: Safe & Found Downloads Spike! Sprint Says Family Locator “could stop working at any time”
Earnings call tomorrow at 4. Will probably still not be profitable but what they say about the rest of the year is key.
Mark talks about this some in the article but last week they did a capital raise that was for more than the stock price. This is almost never done but here's how it works. The company goes to big investors that have expressed an interest in participating and says: we will show you exactly where this money is going if you agree to buy stock from us ABOVE the current price. This is like going into shark tank requesting $1M for 10% and having Mr Wonderful say I will give you $1.5M for 10%.
Also to note the CEO recently increased his stake from about 10% to 30% I think.
Tomorrow afternoon should provide a clear picture of where the company is going.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I'm still buying at my paychecks. I have an article coming out today on the investment blog I am a member of. Very exciting updates. Will link when published.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
markgomesstocks.wordpress.com
My article got published today. Don't let the fact that It's Just a blog fool you. The readers of the blog own a very large amount of shares of SMSI.