Smoky THE Bear!:-o

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ltk9492, Dec 10, 2005.

1. ltk9492

ltk9492 Registered Member

lol, i just saw the first Smoky the Bear, "only YOU can prevent forest fires", commercial in SUCH a long time. Let's here it for the big brown crAZY bear with the funny butt voice. (i said butt because i didn't want to say a- ss)

AngelsPeak likes this.

2. RossDude

RossDude Beep

Good ol' Smokey. But you know, it's a lot of pressure being the only one that can prevent forest fires.

And also, in saying a- ss, you've essentially just said it.

3. ltk9492

lol, i guess your right. NOOOOO!!! The pressure's getting to me, i can't go on. I will now start forest fires!! HAhahaha ha, and then i will get a picture of it for the phonebook cove-
    *interupts* THE SIMPSONS did it! That was a funny southpark episode.

4. yooperchick

yooperchick Registered Member

Smokey the Bear has done some good in terms of educating people on the dangers of forest fire, but at the same time, it backfired as well. This is a subject I could rant about...

5. Wrecked

Wrecked Registered Member

wow i just realized i haven't seen a smokey commercial in years. they kind of just faded away.

the one i remember is where all the animals are singing in the forest and smokey makes an appearance at the end.

6. Gamechamp

Gamechamp Registered Member

So, is there a video somewhere online of the first commercial?

Plus, it really wasn't that long ago since the last Smokey commercial. It was something about his anniversary or something, I can't remember which one or exactly whaqt happened. But in the end, he put out his finger and put out the candle on his birthday cake.

7. yooperchick

yooperchick Registered Member

He didn't blow out the candle?

I've only seen one commercial, with the forest animals all running from a huge fire.

8. ltk9492

lol, run animals run, or i shall burn ye tooo!!!!

lol but search online for smoky commercials. I remember the one with the fighting, it was funny, and made no sense about fires i don't think.

9. LaRazaUnida

LaRazaUnida Registered Member

Another cat I havent seen in a while was McGruff. However, I saw him on a commercial the other day. I believe he is now 75 years old. I remember seeing him at school. He was in the suit and we had a coloring contest, candies, and then had it followed up by 6weeks of DARE.

My favorite part of D.A.R.E was where we asked candid questions in a box. It was fun asking immature questions, about blunts, and how come drugs were so bad when people made so much money off of them. I already knew the stuff, but yea, it was fun:lol:

10. Wrecked

Wrecked Registered Member

one of my friends on the east coast dresses up as McGruff and goes to schools. he said that the costume belongs to the police and i told him that he should steal it.

and yeah i haven't seen a McGruff commercial for a long time too. but i still remember his stupid eff'ing address...

Scruff McGruff
    Chicago, IL 60652

that's weird, he doesn't even have a PO Box. well he probably does and i just forgot that part of the song.