Smoking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by firehawk, Aug 29, 2010.

1. firehawk

firehawk Registered Member

me not being a smoker at all, sorry to ask a stupid question but....what's the diff between menthol cigs and ordinary cigs?

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2010
  3. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Menthol tastes kinda...fresh? Not sure that would be the right word, and they aren't as harsh on your throat to smoke.

4. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Menthol is often used in minty cough drops for that ultra annoying ultra cold feeling.
    Everyone says Menthol's are for pussies, but I have no clue why?

5. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

They're supposed to "ease" the harshness of cigs. I always thought that the non-menthols were easier to smoke than the menthols. It's like smoking a damn cough drop.

6. MiloIsYum

MiloIsYum Registered Member

They say that because, as somebody mentioned up the top somewhere, it's not as harsh on the throat, making it easier to inhale.

Anybody that says menthols are for p*ssies, to me, is just an utter loser. Indicating that they are tougher because they can inhale regular cigs? Lame. It doesn't make them cool.

7. HalfEatenSurprise

HalfEatenSurprise Registered Member

A menthol tastes minty - I'm sure you've chewed gum, I suppose if you set fire to a packet of Airwaves and try to smoke it, it'll taste similar, besides the presence of tobacco/nicotine etc - not that I'm suggesting anyone try this. Heck, please don't. I imagine it to be a rather unpleasant experience.

Anywho, in a regular cigarette you merely taste the tobacco and no mintiness.

The menthol ones seem a bit easier on the throat though, perhaps it's something to do with the menthol inside it, not so sure. Personally, I stick to regular cigarettes, had a menthol before though and it just tasted weird in comparison.

Although, if I were you I'd discard the whole idea. Smoking is bad for you.

:)

8. Danno

Danno Registered Member

Hope you dont mind me asking mate but if you aren't a smoker why do you ask?

9. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

He was just curious. I myself, someone who had smoked for a couple of months a few years ago, didn't know either. So I'm glad I finally know.

10. Danno

Danno Registered Member

Yeah yeah just sounds like there is a reason.

I encourage you to take up smoking my friend.

Pipe smoke, like myself, it's brilliant