Smoking

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Kiwi, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Kiwi

Kiwi Guest

Does anyone smoke in these forums? I know the effects of it and the outcomes, and if anyone of you guys smoke can u please say something in here and explain what it does to your body?

I dont smoke i never would, after seeing the QUIT smoking commerical on tv, that shows what happpens to your heart, lungs, mouth, and teeth

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

My grandmother died of smoking related causes and my mother is going to smoke herself to death as well if she doesn't stop. I've seen too many people die of cigarettes to ever want to try or care.

The one thing about smoking that pisses me off are the groups of people that think they have some sort of right because they smoke. What I mean can be explained by something happening at my college right now. The area in front of one of my classroom buildings is always surrounded by smokers and that means I have to walk through a cloud of smoke to get to my classrooms. There was a recent motion to ban smoking altogether in front of the building that was shot down thanks to the bleeding liberal assholes that seem to think that there's no problem with providing college students with second hand smoke. Smoking kills, second hand smoking kills, and my school is doing jackshit to help fix this problem. I asked a friend of mine who smokes in front of the building why he thinks he should be allowed to smoke there. His reply?

"It's already in the air anyways, we're all going to die someday." Fantastic logic.

That pisses me off.

3. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I have had a aunty who was 40 years old when she died of smoking, she had lung cancer. her death really shook me up and i swore that i will never smoke in my entire life. My parents and my older sister smoke and it makes me mad to see them smoke. I tell them to quit but like hell they are going to take my advice. And I hate seeing younger people, under 15 smoking and damaging their lifes by a puff of a smoke. I know heaps of people in my school who smoke, they usually call me over but I just ignore them and I hate having smoke around me, it makes me a passive smoker as well.

4. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

I smoked for years. When I stopped I was smoking two to three packs a day. Then my mother, who was also a heavy smoker, fell asleep in her bed with a lit cigarette and caught her room on fire. She was killed in the fire. I quit smoking that afternoon just after leaving the hospital where they attempted to revive her. I've never looked back.

Hoosier.

5. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

Smorking is just plain stupid. It does the nastiest things to your body and there's no point to it.
    It's sad to think that there's a company making billions and billons of dollars from people buying and using this deadly product.

I would write more, but I'm on my Wii :)

6. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I usually have less respect for people who smoke, especially people that I didn't know but later found out. I don't know, but to me, it just degrades them somehow.

My grandpa smoked for a good part of his life and just decided to quit, and he did. Same with my dad. I've seen people who smoke and they don't look too good. I remember how my grandpa still spits out tar after 15+ years of quitting. I definitely don't want that.

I'd also hate to keep up with the cravings everyday. Laws are making smoking less convenient now too.

and Kiwi, good for you. I bet those creators for those commercials feel a sense of accomplishment.

7. Mr Casey

Mr Casey Guest

I don't smoke, and no one in my family does any more. My mom used to, but just woke up one day and said no more. Never picked one up since, though she says she kind of wishes for one when she smells them still. Crazy thing is, she's now in really good shape, doin 2 hours of aerobics everyday and has no breathing problems and the resting heart rate of a long distance runner, even with 20 years of smoking in her

8. Time Lord

Time Lord Guest

Eh, I see a lot of bleeding conservative assholes bitching about enacting laws to prevent people from smoking. They make comments about "a nanny state" trying to tell people what to do. So it tain't just a "liberal" thing.

I smoke a pipe periodically. I smoke when I'm out in a bar. I don't smoke at home. I have one pipe at lunch when it's warm outside. If it's cold I don't.

I get very angry when I see underage kids buying cancer sticks. Where I live, the Health Department and the Police Department haven't decided yet who's to enforce selling to underage kids yet... I wish they would. I would report places that don't card minors in a heartbeat.

9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah I know, I was referring more to my campus and it's population of liberals. They tend to be more of the "bleed liberal from every pore" type and while I have no problem with their political leanings, it becomes annoying when they try to convert you every chance they get.

My mother deals with kids trying to buy cigars and cigarettes a lot. They think they're tough shit trying to buy them and try to put up a fight. One side of me would just smile, sell them, and say "enjoy your cancer" but the other side of me . . well, wouldn't.

She's also gotten a few kids on sting operations from the cops, so the store she works has a good reputation for carding.

10. Blur

Blur iPimp

Tobacco is meh...it gives me a slight buzz and makes me kinda horny. But otherwise I dont see what's so great about it. I smoke a cigar occasionally when i dont have any weed to put in them. Theyre ok but once again not what theyre cracked up to be. I think people smoke mainly because: They think its cool and: Theyre addicted (which i dont know how...you'd have to be pretty weak because cigarettes arent that addictive to me...smoked a bunch at one point and didnt crave them or anything the next days)