• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Smoke Weed

arcticmizu

I want to smoke, but considering I'm just about to move out on my own and I've got a lot of shit in check; possessing it isn't even worth it atm.

Hope you enjoy. ~

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Hey Merc, been good... I saw the "doctor" for a trifecta of unprovable and partially legit conditions: anxiety, insomnia, depression. Here in California, it's really easy to get your medicinal marijuana card, you just need $50-100 (depending where you go) and like an hour to chill in the waiting room and talk to them.

For anyone on the fence about getting their card, I'm not gonna lie... it feels like a super power to be able to check out menus online from competing businesses, and have them deliver it to my door. It's even a little easier than ordering a pizza. And that's before even considering the security of having it, I've literally smoked a joint while talking to a cop and walked away with nothing more troubling than "have a great night" at the end of the conversation.

wtf is tripweed? It sounds like what you got was cut with something... I've never had intense visual hallucinations like what you're describing from normal, unadulterated pot. Ice cream, on the other hand, I can confirm as being excellent for munchies lol. Northern Lights is a great strain and one of the first I ever smoked knowing what it was called. Blue Dream is another of my perennial favorites.
So basically the line about 'medical needs' was just a bs excuse for people to get high. Marijuana can be a great drug for certain things, I just prefer an honest debate. I'd rather people say lets make it legal so I can get F'd up rather than say lets make it legal for all the poor suffering people. But that'd just me.

SenatorB

J.S.P.S
So basically the line about 'medical needs' was just a bs excuse for people to get high. Marijuana can be a great drug for certain things, I just prefer an honest debate. I'd rather people say lets make it legal so I can get F'd up rather than say lets make it legal for all the poor suffering people. But that'd just me.
Enough BS to be humorous, enough truth to be worth bringing up. Since marijuana is an effective drug for a wide variety of conditions, it makes sense to argue in favor of it regardless of the fact that it's also a great time. Not to mention, it's a lot easier to argue in favor of something that can cure illness (maybe your mom has trouble eating because of her chemo! what about your uncle's painful arthritis? do you ever have trouble getting to sleep at night?) than it is to convince people that something's worth supporting because it's fun... no reason to make a debate difficult if there's a legitimately easy option to discuss instead.

The fact that it gets you high doesn't detract from the medicinal uses of the drug. But it is awesome??

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
The fact that it gets you high doesn't detract from the medicinal uses of the drug.
This is pretty much the end of the discussion here. You can get high off of an astounding number of common chemicals and items in your home but that doesn't make them illegal.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Enough BS to be humorous, enough truth to be worth bringing up. Since marijuana is an effective drug for a wide variety of conditions, it makes sense to argue in favor of it regardless of the fact that it's also a great time. Not to mention, it's a lot easier to argue in favor of something that can cure illness (maybe your mom has trouble eating because of her chemo! what about your uncle's painful arthritis? do you ever have trouble getting to sleep at night?) than it is to convince people that something's worth supporting because it's fun... no reason to make a debate difficult if there's a legitimately easy option to discuss instead.

The fact that it gets you high doesn't detract from the medicinal uses of the drug. But it is awesome??
I don't like to talk about the dumb things I did as a kid but I have a question. Marijuana 20 years ago really was akin to getting drunk. Actually I'd say there was almost no difference between weed and nitrous oxide. The weed was all grown by some guy that started some seeds and had a greenhouse or basement. We heard about Hawaii weed or Jamaica, but nobody had ever gotten any. The pictures you posted seemed different. Honestly, is this stuff really about like being drunk or are you talking about a much deeper and more intense high? Is this new marijuana stepping towards cocaine ad acid or is it still in the same ballpark as alcohol?
------
And I just want to be clear I think you should do whatever you want to, but I'm very opposed to the use of marijuana. I think you're better than that to use something that going to impede your life. But its your life and you should be free to.

Last edited:

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
When you're drunk, you just keep getting drunker the more you consume, and the effects and symptoms become worse the more you consume. With weed, its not like that. You're not dizzy or sick and your motor functions don't get fucked up. Everythings a little brighter, and everything seems interesting. There's none of that anxiety when you decide to do something. You just relax and do it. Its not like being drunk at all.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Yeah, getting high and getting drunk are not even comparable. Alcohol has huge effects on your judgment and motor skills among other things. The effects of pot are totally different. Usually you're still completely lucid and rational, and while I don't recommend driving while high, it doesn't affect your coordination nearly as much as alcohol does.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
It affects your judgment and motor skills as well, just like alcohol. I personally don't care if people want to get high and I think it should be 100% legal and not just for medicinal purposes. I wouldn't ever do it again just like I don't get drunk because I think they're stupid things to do, but the line I hear about how it doesn't affect motor skills or judgment as much just isn't true.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
If you're saying pot affects motor skills and judgment just as much as alcohol, then I disagree 100%. In my experience it's not even close.

I realize pot affects everyone a little differently, but I've never done anything that I've regretted while high. It may make me say silly things once in a while that I wouldn't otherwise say, but I am always able to make good, responsible decisions.

Unfortunately I can't say the same thing about alcohol. I have many regrets about my behavior and lack of judgment while under the influence, and I've seen my friends and other people do really stupid or shameful things as well, not to mention the countless stories I've heard or read about. There's a reason why I don't drink anymore.

I've never seen pot cause anyone to become violent. I've never seen pot cause someone to do something reckless and get hurt. I've never seen pot cause anyone to hook up with someone that they'd later regret hooking up with. I've never had a friend killed from driving while high. With alcohol I have seen it all.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
That's funny, I've seen all those things. I've seen people hook up while high. I've seen accidents happen and people killed while high. I've seen people make bad choices while high. I agree with the violence example, never seen that. Everything else, as a former prosecutor as well, I've seen and prosecuted people who have made poor judgments while high.
------
Come to think of it I do remember some members of the Tri City Bombers killing 6 members of a rival gang about 12 years ago and they were high doing it, although I don't think that was the motivating factor, drug turf was, but one could presume being high made them go through with the plan easier.

Last edited: