• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Smoke Weed

SenatorB

J.S.P.S
Smoke weed every day, I don't give a fuck!

Who's blazing one right now?

Right now I'm taking bong rips of some top shelf Afghan Goo

but it's a heavy indica so I'm gonna grind up something a bit more sativa in a minute, probably this killer Gasoline

Feeling pre-tty goood right now...
Might even roll a j and go on a walk in a bit if I'm not too lazy.

So what're you smoking on?
Got a sweet piece you're using? go ahead and show it off if you've got a pic... I'll take one of my bong, Dr. Worm if anyone wants to see (he's a real doctor and a true friend, but he's not a real worm).
Any good weed stories or whatever..?

Oh, and I guess we can make this an actual discussion if people have negative opinions about the subject... just don't, like, bring me down, man...

Note to mods: Pictures above are from the legal website where I legally order my legal medicine from a legal dispensary. Jussayin'.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Holy shit Sen, how have you been?

What medical condition do you have that got you access? I'm actually just curious to be honest. My dad had medical as part of his cancer treatment.

MalachHamavet

Registered Member
I love weed... but I can't smoke currently because of my job. I work for a company that is hard core anti drug. They random test one person a week. And people also get tested at the slightest little slip up too. I got oil splashed in my mouth one time and had to take a drug test.

It's just too risky. I live on my own and support myself. If I lose my job I lose everything. I love weed but I love having a place to sleep and food to eat more.

But, back when I did smoke, my favorite was Northern Lights.

I smoked what I think was tripweed once. I was with my sister and I remember looking at her and her eyes looked HUGE. And the sky looked really bright. And when the munchies hit we went for ice cream. I got mint chocolate chip and my ice cream looked like it was glowing green, and it looked huge also. And it was about the best thing I ever tasted. Lol...

I am going to Amsterdam next summer. Looking forward to trying space cake. :p

SenatorB

J.S.P.S
Hey Merc, been good... I saw the "doctor" for a trifecta of unprovable and partially legit conditions: anxiety, insomnia, depression. Here in California, it's really easy to get your medicinal marijuana card, you just need $50-100 (depending where you go) and like an hour to chill in the waiting room and talk to them.

For anyone on the fence about getting their card, I'm not gonna lie... it feels like a super power to be able to check out menus online from competing businesses, and have them deliver it to my door. It's even a little easier than ordering a pizza. And that's before even considering the security of having it, I've literally smoked a joint while talking to a cop and walked away with nothing more troubling than "have a great night" at the end of the conversation.

I smoked what I think was tripweed once
wtf is tripweed? It sounds like what you got was cut with something... I've never had intense visual hallucinations like what you're describing from normal, unadulterated pot. Ice cream, on the other hand, I can confirm as being excellent for munchies lol. Northern Lights is a great strain and one of the first I ever smoked knowing what it was called. Blue Dream is another of my perennial favorites.

MalachHamavet

Registered Member
Hey Merc, been good... I saw the "doctor" for a trifecta of unprovable and partially legit conditions: anxiety, insomnia, depression. Here in California, it's really easy to get your medicinal marijuana card, you just need $50-100 (depending where you go) and like an hour to chill in the waiting room and talk to them.

For anyone on the fence about getting their card, I'm not gonna lie... it feels like a super power to be able to check out menus online from competing businesses, and have them deliver it to my door. It's even a little easier than ordering a pizza. And that's before even considering the security of having it, I've literally smoked a joint while talking to a cop and walked away with nothing more troubling than "have a great night" at the end of the conversation.

wtf is tripweed? It sounds like what you got was cut with something... I've never had intense visual hallucinations like what you're describing from normal, unadulterated pot. Ice cream, on the other hand, I can confirm as being excellent for munchies lol. Northern Lights is a great strain and one of the first I ever smoked knowing what it was called. Blue Dream is another of my perennial favorites.
Tripweed is what it sounds like. Weed that has been laced with some hallucinogenic compound that will make you trip. I don't know for sure that it was laced. But I am guessing it was. And i've never taken acid or anything like that so I have no idea what tripping is really like. It's just an educated guess.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Forgive me for sounding newbish, but whats the difference between indica and sativa weed? I've heard the terms used before but never found out the difference. The place I get from has pretty good stuff though regardless of what its called. Lots of crystals. Thankfully my tolerance is pretty low too, so I don't have to smoke much to get a good buzz.

My favourite thing to do, especially when it starts to get hot out to beat the heat, is just to smoke a bowl from my glass pipe and watch some kind of brainless show on netflix for a couple hours before eating supper. Really helps to wind down from the day and is wayyyyyy cheaper than booze up here in winnipeg. Also no hangover woot.

MalachHamavet

Registered Member
Forgive me for sounding newbish, but whats the difference between indica and sativa weed? I've heard the terms used before but never found out the difference. The place I get from has pretty good stuff though regardless of what its called. Lots of crystals. Thankfully my tolerance is pretty low too, so I don't have to smoke much to get a good buzz.

My favourite thing to do, especially when it starts to get hot out to beat the heat, is just to smoke a bowl from my glass pipe and watch some kind of brainless show on netflix for a couple hours before eating supper. Really helps to wind down from the day and is wayyyyyy cheaper than booze up here in winnipeg. Also no hangover woot.
They are different subtypes of the cannabis plant. Thats how I understand it at least.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Well naturally, what I mean is, whats the difference?

SenatorB

J.S.P.S
Forgive me for sounding newbish, but whats the difference between indica and sativa weed?
Malach is correct that they're different subspecies of cannabis. They look a little different-- sativa grows taller and thinner with longer skinny leaves and indica grows shorter and wider with fatter stubbier leaves. That being said, they share mostly similarities, and they'll both get you high, albeit in different ways.

Indica is known for giving you a "body high" whereas sativas give you more of a "head high".

If you've ever smoked weed that gave you couch lock, it was probably an indica. They'll tend to be really relaxing smokes that are well suited for use when you're not looking to be very active (watching a movie, listening to music, going to bed). Had a long day at work and your legs and back hurt, just want to chill out and de-stress? You're probably looking for an indica.

Sativa by contrast is a more uplifting and energetic high. You'll feel more creative and full of well-being, so it's better for during the day or doing activities. Sativa is a great way to enhance something like a hike or a trip to the beach, without making you feel too lazy to actually do anything.

There are great pure strains out there, for example the Northern Lights that Malach mentioned earlier is a pure indica. That being said, they're sometimes harder to find and there are usually a lot more options of strains that are indica/sativa hybrids. A lot of the well known strains have known lineages (Blue Dream = Blueberry [indica] x Haze [sativa]) and you can usually get a good sense of what to expect from a strain before you buy it.