Smoke pot? No Christmas present for you!

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by Eilt_Druin, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Eilt_Druin

Eilt_Druin Registered Member

Here's a funny auction you might have heard of. It's been getting a lot of publicity lately.

Guitar Hero III 3: Legends of Rock Wii NEW WITH RECEIPT - (eBay item 200181539427 end time Dec-10-07 18:21:25 PST)

The basic story is this: A parent bought his son the "Guitar Hero III" game for Christmas after two weeks of searching, then came home to find his son smoking pot with friends. To teach his son a lesson, he put the game up for sale on eBay and then showed it to his son. It's gotten a ton of comments and views.

2. Van

Van Heavy Weapons Guy V.I.P.

Such a good present gone to waste. I guess some other lucky kid will have a Merry Christmas this year. Wow, those sell for more than I would have guesses.

TwilightDawn likes this.
  3. Eilt_Druin

The kid will probably get it anyway. The auction's getting a lot of fake bids, so it will probably end with someone that isn't really intending to pay for it.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

The whole thing could just be a publicity stunt too... This happened last year when some parents put their kid's Nintendo Wii on eBay. Not sure if that turned out to be a stunt or not though but it would be an easy enough stunt to pull off.

5. neum985

neum985 I pwn noobs

Thats funny because my parents got me a truck and found out i was smoking and took it away a few years back. Except they really sold it....

TwilightDawn likes this.
  6. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Yeah, it's gotta be a publicity stunt. No parent would post a story like that about their children on eBay.

7. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

What's so wrong with a teenager smoking pot? I've been caught a few times, and no one even really seemed to care, I just got a "I don't want that in my house" kind of speech for it.

8. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

It's illegal? Regardless of whether or not I smoke pot, I still wouldn't want my child doing it.

9. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

This customer was smoking pot today and didn't have his cable install.

Oh dear, my little cousin was drawing on the wall. No Tickle Me Elmo for him this Christmas. :D

10. Eilt_Druin

There's always a parent willing to go to some extreme to teach their child a lesson. It could be a publicity stunt (in which case, it was very clever), but I find it easy to believe that this is real.