• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Smoke Meat

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This thread is dedicated to a special person in my heart :D

It breaks my heart that she feels this way about this type of food.

This past weekend I had a poutine with Smoke Meat on top of it. It looked something like this.

Now this special person close to my heart said that looked disgusting, which I respectfully disagree with.

Now I love smoke meat, especially Smoke Meat sandwiches, which look something like this.

It's one of my favorite sandwiches in the whole wide world. I could eat of these at least once a week. I'm surprised that a lot of people outside of Canada haven't really tried it.

What are your thoughts?

1. Do you think the Smoke Meat poutine looks any good?

2. Have you ever had a Smoke Meat sandwich?

3. If yes, did you enjoy it?

4. If no, do you believe it looks any good?

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
This thread is dedicated to a special person in my heart :D

It breaks my heart that she feels this way about this type of food.

This past weekend I had a poutine with Smoke Meat on top of it. It looked something like this.

Dude, it didn't look ANYTHING like that. It looked like ass. That right there looks like what we call "Canadian Bacon" (don't ask me why) and that looks halfway decent.

That sandwich looks pretty gross, though. I still can't figure out what animal it comes from. I refuse to google it, I want one of you Canucks to tell me what it is.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't believe that looks like Canadian Bacon at all. This is what Canadian Bacon looks like around these parts.

Also, that's the closest picture I could find of what my poutine looked like. The picture I posted above is just a cleaner version so to speak. I think you would like it, if you actually gave it a chance. It's really good.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I've smoked prime rib and brisket. That smoked meat sandwich looks good, I've made that but with hamburger buns. A brisket sandwich I guess you'd call it.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
I love smoked bacon. I'm not sure if I've ever tried any other smoked meats. Actually, I tell a lie, I think I have tried a smoked fish (I forget what type of fish though), which was pretty good if I remember right.

But yeah, smoked bacon is the bomb diggity.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Smoked ham and bacon are the only smoked meats I've tried and they were nice. I'm not feeling the pictures you posted.
A sandwich shouldn't be wider than how wide you can open your mouth lol.

Impact

V.I.P.
Both those pictures look good to me. I don't think i've ever had it, but it looks pretty good so i'd definitely try it