• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Smilies without the nose...

NINnerd

Survived a M&G with Trent
This is an odd request, but.....

You know how on here you have to type out the smiley faces with noses to get the little faces? For example, instead of typing :) , you have to type : then - then ).

Well, is there anyway to change it so we don't have to type the noses (the -)? Am I the only one who finds this to be a big pain?

:)

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
But... but... :aww: sometimes I like to just do smilies like this :) without them turning into..... smilies.... hmmmm

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
It doesn't bother me since I've never typed smileys before that way. I use the :code: or pick directly from the smiley box. And I'm like Bex, I use :) when I want to smile but not put a smiley on my post.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I dislike smilies. They should all just be taken away.

NINnerd

Shush, Pam. :lol:

Ysabel - So you reply to everything in Advanced? Cause I just do quick replies. And for the plainer smilies like a happy face, there isn't a code. Is there? I thought it was just:
: +
- +
)

???

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
The problem is that I had to pick one or the other for the smilies. If I add it both ways then we'll essentially have double the smilies but a lot of them will be exactly the same with a nose or without a nose in the text.

Maybe I can figure out how to add a secondary code for each but I'm not sure.

NINnerd

Hybrix - You should've called me when you were making such a huge decision! :lol:

Sounds good, thanks. :) I didn't even know if any mods would read such a silly thread. Haha.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Ysabel - So you reply to everything in Advanced? Cause I just do quick replies. And for the plainer smilies like a happy face, there isn't a code. Is there? I thought it was just:
: +
- +
)

???

Oh, I didn't realise that. I must have used those only when I'm in Advanced mode. On Quick Reply the ones I use the most from the default smileys have codes like :lol: :stare: :nod: :shifteyes: :rolleyes: (lol, stare, nod, shifteyes, rolleyes ).

Bliss

Sally Twit
I don't see the problem in typing the - to be honest. I don't often use smilies and sometimes I like my smiley faces to just look this way :) as already mentioned.
It's not a pain to add the extra character. It takes no time at all.