Smileys

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chaos, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

When using smileys, do you type them out (i.e. :smiley:), or select them from the smiley window/box?

I prefer to type them out because it's far easier to do for me. Almost every time I click a smiley to use, it appears at the top of the reply window. :-/ However, sometimes I do click them (like the one I just used) if I don't remember what to type. :D (That was a type xD)

2. ancredelamour

ancredelamour Registered Member

I usually just find them in the smiley box. The ones here confuse me more than any others I've ever dealt with!

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I usually use quick reply, so the smiley box isn't even there. Most of the smilies that I like I remember how to type them, so that's easier than the other way.

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

What Echoes said.

There are times though when I have a smiley in mind but I forgot the code, so I click on the smiley link to find it.

5. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

The few times I use them I choose them specifically. I don't use smileys enough to write them off the top of my head

6. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I type them out if I know them, and press them off the list if I don't. I don't know that many on GF so I'll usually do the latter.

7. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I dont use the smileys that often to be honest, if I do its usually the ones that I know how to type. If I really want a smiley that I dont know how to type I will choose from the list, but I use "quick reply" 90% of the time, so its not very often that I choose from the list.

8. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

On here I always have to find them as I rarely use smileys in my posts.

On Messenger though I know most the bog standard smileys so I'll type them.

9. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Haven't a clue what the codes for the smileys are as I use quick reply, if they happen to show up after I type in what I think are smileys bonus for me.

10. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I always select them from the box. I don't use them all the time so I don't mind doing it the long winded way.