• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Smileys

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
When using smileys, do you type them out (i.e. :smiley:), or select them from the smiley window/box?

I prefer to type them out because it's far easier to do for me. Almost every time I click a smiley to use, it appears at the top of the reply window. :-/ However, sometimes I do click them (like the one I just used) if I don't remember what to type. :D (That was a type xD)

ancredelamour

Registered Member
I usually just find them in the smiley box. The ones here confuse me more than any others I've ever dealt with!

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I usually use quick reply, so the smiley box isn't even there. Most of the smilies that I like I remember how to type them, so that's easier than the other way.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I usually use quick reply, so the smiley box isn't even there. Most of the smilies that I like I remember how to type them, so that's easier than the other way.
What Echoes said.

There are times though when I have a smiley in mind but I forgot the code, so I click on the smiley link to find it.

Malificus

Likes snow
The few times I use them I choose them specifically. I don't use smileys enough to write them off the top of my head

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I type them out if I know them, and press them off the list if I don't. I don't know that many on GF so I'll usually do the latter.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I dont use the smileys that often to be honest, if I do its usually the ones that I know how to type. If I really want a smiley that I dont know how to type I will choose from the list, but I use "quick reply" 90% of the time, so its not very often that I choose from the list.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
On here I always have to find them as I rarely use smileys in my posts.

On Messenger though I know most the bog standard smileys so I'll type them.

Blueyes

Registered Member
Haven't a clue what the codes for the smileys are as I use quick reply, if they happen to show up after I type in what I think are smileys bonus for me.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I always select them from the box. I don't use them all the time so I don't mind doing it the long winded way.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chaos Ideas & Support 9
Chaos Bathroom Wall 18
Nightsurfer Ideas & Support 2
Bunny_roses Ideas & Support 5
Bunny_roses Ideas & Support 3