• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Smelnick's Breakout into Acting

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
When I told him I was making a pair of photofilms for a film class, the guy begged me to let him star in both. I had two other actresses and he demanded I rewrite the script to eject them. He spent more time skulking in the trailer I had to buy for him than actually making movies!

:lol: They turned out pretty okay:

YouTube - Highway

YouTube - Duplicity

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Loved 'em. Great job. :)

There's probably no facial acting on Earth like Danny's!

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
I am most impressed! Smelnick played great characters in both. I like the fun of the first, but I love the drama of the second.

Very nice work in this. :)

I would very much like to know how to do this kind of thing.

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Very cool. Nice work, guys. I think I liked the second one better. The music in it was great.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
And a Smelnick... :lol:
But srsly, the op is a complete lie; when I decided to make a character driven silent photograph film, the first thing I thought was 'I need Danny!!' The guy is like pure, unrestrained character, which is perfect for this kind of stuff. If there was such a thing as 'facial acting', he'd be at the top. :lol: