• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Smelly food

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Is it out of bounds to cook/heat up smelly food in the kitchen at work?

I'm talking along the lines of burnt popcorn, Limburger cheese, cabbage, curry, ect.

Thoughts?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think cooked cabbage stinks and if there are any pregnant women in the office it might make them barf. I was sensitive to smells when pregnant and would have.

Good smells are different, like pizza, I think cooking pizza smell great but keep your nasty smelling foods at home.

Bliss

Sally Twit
People cook whatever they want where I work, with no regard for anyone else. The kitchen is right next to the main office, so the smell quickly travels.
The thing that bothers me is that certain people will eat a smelly curry or soup really early on and then always makes me feel sick.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
People cook whatever they want where I work, with no regard for anyone else. The kitchen is right next to the main office, so the smell quickly travels.
The thing that bothers me is that certain people will eat a smelly curry or soup really early on and then always makes me feel sick.
That's the worst. I've got a couple of co-workers who will eat stank-ass dinner food for breakfast and it just ruins my morning appetite.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
It's so hard to manager other's perceptions. A great example that was mentioned earlier was reheated cabbage. I think that cabbage smells delicious because I thoroughly enjoy the smell and taste of cabbage. It's hard for someone with that perception to understand that their delicious meal actually smells disgusting to other people.

Rapier

V.I.P.
Is it out of bounds to cook/heat up smelly food in the kitchen at work?

I'm talking along the lines of burnt popcorn, Limburger cheese, cabbage, curry, ect.

Thoughts?
I was at a winter house of guys and girls in the Poconos. My best friend burnt popcorn. Since you clean up your own mess I started another batch with the last of the popcorn and it was perfect. My besotted helpful friend:confused: decided to mix the two batches. :mad:

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
I think bringing in really spicy or raunchy smelling stuff to nuke at work violates basic microwave etiquette. Especially fish... Not everyone is a fan of fish. I'm certainly not. Now something doesn't have to stink to violate microwave etiquette. Bacon... Unless you have enough for everyone, it's not fair to torture your coworkers with the mouthwatering aroma of this tantalizing treat.

- Cham

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Honestly, cleanliness bothers me more. Something that smells doesn't bother me nearly as much as some fucking slob spilling their food, not cleaning up their table, or leaving trash around.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'm not sure if it's out of bounds or not, but I try my best not to heat up smelly food at work. My co-workers don't really give a shit and make that place smell like a dumpster most days. Luckily I can work on the other end of the building from the break room.

I agree with Merc, I think it's worse when they spill shit and refuse to clean it up. We have someone that's been written up multiple times for it and still hasn't stopped. Her laziness is almost impressive. Haha.