• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

    Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Smart Text Ads

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Does anybody else use "smart" ads like Adsense? Obviously I do, as you can see on this site.. I haven't had any problems with Adsense really, but I am interested in seeing what Yahoo Publisher is going to be like when it is released soon.

This is probably Google's biggest market. While they are out working on Google Earth and other new ideas, they need to make sure their backyard is being maintained. There have been a lot of text ad services that have been successful recently, including Bidvertiser and Kanoodle.

What text ads has everyone here used?
 

rallyriver

New Member
I have used clicksor and a while back, I used another company, but the name has currently slipped my mind. I always seem to end up drifting back to adsense as that is where I find the best revenue.
 

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've never even heard of those.. :-/ I have only used Adsense for the most part, aside from checking out Kanoodle for a day or two a while back.
 

IslandGuy

Registered Member
Andrew said:
I've never even heard of those.. :-/ I have only used Adsense for the most part, aside from checking out Kanoodle for a day or two a while back.
Andrew, what was your experience with Kanoodle, or is it too soon to tell? I've got lots of web friends who have not been happy with them. They've told me they have seen hundreds of dollars worth of ad money for clicks used up without one single conversion. When they look at their ad stats, they find that not one visitor stayed on their website longer than a second or two.

I don't do business online via a website, so don't have any personal experience with any of the search engines. I do know from a trusted friend that Searchfeed is a good option to the top search engines, if you are looking to diversify a bit from Google and Yahoo! Search Marketing (or MSN).

Just my two cents worth, since I don't have personal experience, but know lots and lots of people who are trying (some succeeding) in making a living off web services and products.

The one thing I like about Kanoodle is the KanoodleCams, where you can watch the workers at work (watch that guy eat that apple and see how fast a geek can run :D )
 

lzamora

Registered Member
Google AdSense

I have a funny tale: I was visiting google AdSense to learn a little bit more of the process, then I got into the presentation of 10 pages they have on the site for new customers... I got to the point of the testimonials and they were actually awasome, but I wanted to go beyong his copy-pasted testimonials and I visted these customers home pages. When I landed in one of them, actually the number 4 (testimonial home page) this was advertising very bad thips about google such as: "Google AdSense [email protected]!" and "Yahoo 10 times better that Google AdSense" they posted comparison charts and these were effectivelly 10 times better... I quickly send an email to google AdSense support and they took action and removed the link!

Now it is up to you to decide what is the better advertisement tool to use... and if you want to know what the company was doing this low etic action, send me a private message! ;)
 

IslandGuy

Registered Member
Andrew said:
Does anybody else use "smart" ads like Adsense? Obviously I do, as you can see on this site.. I haven't had any problems with Adsense really, but I am interested in seeing what Yahoo Publisher is going to be like when it is released soon.

This is probably Google's biggest market. While they are out working on Google Earth and other new ideas, they need to make sure their backyard is being maintained. There have been a lot of text ad services that have been successful recently, including Bidvertiser and Kanoodle.

What text ads has everyone here used?
I just remembered an online advertising tool I saw that will actually let you place your Google AdSense ads where you want them on your page, instead of where Google by default places them. I don't have any personal experience, but if you're interested in putting them in a different position (research studies show that the path most visitors take in looking at a page means your AdSense ads are best in certain spots), the software is called Ad Injector and it's affiliated with software called PPC Accelerator (which is a pretty cool keyword list building tool) ... good price too and nice video demo of how it works right on the site http://www.ppcaccelerator.com ... just ignore the website look (not too pretty) and look for the Ad Injector demo on the site if you're interested ....
 

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's interesting. Google has a lot of different sizes and formats for their ads already, so you can usually fit them where you want. That other service looks like something different altogether to generate keywords.
 

lzamora

Registered Member
I'm wondering what is the effort necessary to duplicate the AdSense platform??? I mean in terms of HTML, PHP, etc programming. What should be the very first step from the web technology point of view, or maybe step by step information. I have a generic site that can be attractive locally in my country and I'm looking for recommendations to set up the site to look like google or maybe this site. I know I won't be able to make it by myself with my limited knowledge of HTML and the books I have:rolleyes: , then I need recommendations...
 

softwarewiz

Registered Member
lzamora said:
I'm wondering what is the effort necessary to duplicate the AdSense platform??? I mean in terms of HTML, PHP, etc programming. What should be the very first step from the web technology point of view, or maybe step by step information. I have a generic site that can be attractive locally in my country and I'm looking for recommendations to set up the site to look like google or maybe this site. I know I won't be able to make it by myself with my limited knowledge of HTML and the books I have:rolleyes: , then I need recommendations...
I think the effort needed to duplicate the AdSense platform would be quite complex, Izamora. Plus, you need to consider copyright and trademark law as well when duplicating sites ... you really have to be careful you don't "look" the same as someone else ... sometimes they don't mind so much if you hardly rewrite basic text, but the "look" of a website is very important to the owner.

You can still have a very simple look, which I think most users find most attractive, and not risk Google or anyone trying to shut you down. There are tons and tons of website design companies on the Internet. It really depends what type of site you want to set up and what it's purpose is as to how far you have to go. Some just sell simple templates that you can fill in pretty easily with HTML knowledge, while others can be totally complicated with shopping carts, etc.

If you can give us some more info on what you'd be selling, etc., maybe one of us can steer you the right way?
 
Top