• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Smart Cars

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Today while at the buffet, I saw one of those dang smart cars parked in the parking lot. They had a personalized license plate that made me laugh. All it said was 'SMART'. I couldn't help but laugh at the irony of it. Personally I think those tiny little cars are death traps. I mean, any normal car hitting those is bound to crush it like a sardine can. I imagine they're probably built to withstand a crash, but I just don't trust em.

How about yourselves? Know anyone who has a smart car? What do you think of them? Would you ever want to own one? Let us know!

Reactions: Doc

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
The smart cars are just way too small. I would never drive one. My cousin had one, and she ended up getting in a car accident. She passed away within a week after being in a coma. However, I'm sure you can say that for several other accidents that do not involve smart cars.

I like to sit up higher when I drive, so I mostly go for trucks and SUVs.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
They are entirely too small for me to even consider owning one. I would never feel safe in one. There's no room for cargo, a baby, or my super secret compartments for smuggling small children across international borders.

Bliss

Sally Twit
They look ugly and slow. I imagine it's not easy to see you coming in one of them either.

I work with a few people that drive them and I think they look silly inside them. I guess it's cheaper to run, but I wouldn't want to get in to my car and feel embarrassed.

Elanor

Registered Member
They are far too silly looking and small for me. I don't think I would ever feel safe in one, even knowing they had passed all the safety checks etc.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I'd never own one solely because of how incredibly unsafe they are. With something so tiny and fragile, you're no doubt going to be facing much worse injuries should you get in an accident (basically everyone on the road is going to be bigger and heavier than your car so you're at an extreme disadvantage).

Misdoubt

Registered Member
Way too small for me. Where would I put things, the roof?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Besides them being small they are ugly. I guess if gas get to be $10.00 a gallon but until then I don't want one. I just don't see how they could be that safe in a collision.

I've seen them on the road but don't know anyone that owns one.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
lol I don't even know what they are but after googling, yeah, no thanks.

Damn things look way too small.