Small change (money)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nixola, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

Do you save your small change? For example your penny's and coins of small amounts?

If so where do you keep them? I do save my small change, once my purse gets a bit too full I tend to empty it of all the small change, I keep it in a bottle that I cut the top off of. :lol: coz i dont have anywhere else to keep it. I keep meaning to get a piggy bank or something.

Also, if you do save your small change, do you find it amusing to count it? or do you find it a total chore? For me it can be quite fun.... but after a while I get really bored of it!

So what about you?

2. snowflake

snowflake Registered Member

I put all my coins in a jar at the end of the day. Don't know why!! Every now and again i sort them out and take then down to the bank.

3. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Every now and again, my grandma makes me count all my change :stare:

:lol:

I HATE change, so I spose I like getting rid of it as soon as possible. When theres enough, I count it and take it to the bank to be changed in to notes.

Oooh_snap likes this.
  4. Harmony

Harmony Registered Member

I never have any small change to save. I tend to spend every penny. ;)

Or I just forget where I put it down when I empty my pockets...

5. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

I have a couple of old tins that i keep small change in,1s,2s,and 5s,when they get full i take them down to the local supermarket that has a change machine,tip them all in and get it changed for notes,i think it costs 7 p in every pound,then i either get some stuff in for the house or treat the kids to something.

6. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

I do save my small change.

I have an old ashtray on my desk that I empty my pocket into everytime I enter the house, I then remove the 5p, 2p & 1p and put them in a an old cookie jar I also have on my desk.

When I go out I just grab a handful of change from the ashtray. I spend about £60 a month on car parking so I always need lots of coins on me and use all my 10p & 20p for that.

7. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

My family stuffs small chang in this smiley jar that my parents got before i was born. I keep a few quarters and dimes in my wallet. Nickels and pennies can just go to hell

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I keep my change in a jar as well, and when it's full I go to a coin machine that counts it for me and then gives me the money back in paper.

But I save all my pennies in a jar and don't touch those.

9. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Yup!

Just recently I turned in about $400 worth of pennies, nickles, dimes and quarters! I have a plastic container that I throw everything but Quarters in (the quarters I keep seperate and roll).

Oooh_snap likes this.
  10. joshrcay

joshrcay Registered Member

I don't usually keep it, I use it as soon as I can, I hate to carry around loose change. It's just annoying to be carrying that around in a wallet or your pocket all the time.