Smackdown vs Raw

padd

Registered Member
I noticed a few people may not be happy with Smackdown getting very priveleged during the draft. But why in the hell not!? Smackdown is the B show and despite that, they have been the back seat for the past 10 years. Is it alright for just 1 year out of 10 that Smackdown gets a big push and Raw takes the backseat? Then again, who's to say Raw is taking a backseat, 2 days after the 2008 draft?

Although I must admit, Raw is taking a hit, only.. and only because the Legend Killer and Rey are both injured it's only natural. Other than that, Raw still has a pretty good line up, definetley no where near as star studded as before, but what's a superstar or two leaving Raw?.. almost nothing much of a loss.

Smackdown was always a better straightforward wrestling show (imo). Raw was all talking, blah blah blah.. the age of orton.. break the code. I'm not saying that's bad, but of course it would be good to see the likes of Jeff high flying, Shelton Benjamin's matt atheltism.. and The Game.. who was always a good performer in the ring as well.

Now, 2008-2009 should be a great season for Smackdown, as well as Raw. People may belive that we have turned the tables around, and Smackdown is the A show while Raw is the B show, when in reality both will be grade A shows. Two months ago, Michael Jordan.. you were telling us about how much you enjoy watching CM Punk and how much he will help the WWE in the future. Well, now he is on Raw.. and you're pointing out that it'll take the back seat to Smackdown? I doubt it, despite the fact that Raw lost, they have also gained. Everybody wins

Except ECW, then again.. ECW is nothing but a minor league. what does it matter if ECW is full of no name rookies and washed up veterans. If that is the case, I'd rather watch Tommy Dreamer fight Finlay in a belfast brawl every week of the year.. but that's just me. bring barbed wires back Vince.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
First off the reason why I think Raw should be the A at all times is because they are a live show, Smackdown is taped, I believe that Raw should have all the top notch wrestlers because there live every Monday Night.

Smackdown as been known as the show that grooms the wrestlers, you always see the up and coming wrestlers starting on that show A La John Cena. I think it needs to stay that way.

I'm very angry from the moves that happened on the Draft personally I believe it's only going to hurt Raw ratings more then help them, and personally I believe that Vince McMahon rather have better ratings on Raw then Smackdown, but that's just my personal opinion.

I never bashed the CM Punk move to Raw, I knew it was coming it was pretty obvious that he was going to get a huge push after he won Money in the Bank and why do you think they moved in to Raw and not Smackdown it's because Raw is the better show to put a wrestler that has loads to talent and that will get a push soon.

padd

Registered Member
I never bashed the CM Punk move to Raw, I knew it was coming it was pretty obvious that he was going to get a huge push after he won Money in the Bank and why do you think they moved in to Raw and not Smackdown it's because Raw is the better show to put a wrestler that has loads to talent and that will get a push soon.
That's exactly why I belive Raw will not get hurt during this draft. Just wait till Orton and Mysterio are off the shelf. No one is saying Smackdown does not have any up and coming talents. I always belived that if there were no big name super stars on Smackdown.. what's the point of even having a brand expansion? It takes veterans to teach the young kids about the old school, and to guide them to the top. Just how in a sports roster a a veteran is always good to have.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
I think both RAW and SD benefited greatly from the draft. It mixed things up a lot, which I was waiting for, and once everyone is healed up things will be awesome.

I agree with Unity.

RAW and SmackDown! - to me - are both now A shows while ECW is now hovering around D. Just right now... I predict ECW will promote and push some good wrestlers and eventually they'll get their chance at another brand. I'm very happy how the draft turned out.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't think RAW will be hurt at all from this particular draft. In fact, they added a ton of names. I think where Smackdown owned was during the supplemental draft.

I am going to go into detail of all the picks on a thread here in a second and comment and where I see those particular guys going with their career. Now, back to topic...

WWE has a brand split. We call RAW the A show, SD! the B show and ECW the C show but in reality before ECW RAW and Smackdown were looked at as equal shows...competing against each other. Why change that? RAW is the flagship and on live so that means it should have all the good wrestlers? I don't agree with that. There needs to be an equal amount of good performers on each show. ECW, it doesn't matter. ECW isnt around to compete with anybody...just make new stars.

So in conclusion I think RAW will be fine after the draft, in fact, they might be better off.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Raw did get the likes of Mysterio and CM Punk, which will help, but losing Triple H, Kennedy, Umaga, Carlito, Jeff Hardy will hurt them more then getting the likes of Mysterio and Kennedy.

I just expected a lot in the draft and I seriously believe that Raw got screwed and made huge mistakes that will cost them some fans.

Like I mentioned, I believe Raw needs to have the top notch wrestlers and need to get the ratings because it's been the longest running program on the WWE to date, and it's Live.

Sorry but I'm truly disapointed.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
We are going to have to agree to disagree on the part where you think Raw should be stacked over Smackdown because its been around longer and its live and all that. I dont agree...it needs to be even or the brand split is worthless. During the draft I was actually getting pissed becuase I thought Raw was getting stacked like it always does. I honestly believe Smackdown needed the help and where they got help for the most part was the midcard...here's another breakdown.

Talent Joining Raw (11)

Rey Mysterio
CM Punk
Michael Cole
Batista
Kane
Jamie Noble
Deuce
Chuck Palumbo
Matt Striker
Layla
Kofi Kingston

Talent Joining SmackDown (12)

Jeff Hardy
Jim Ross
Umaga
Mr. Kennedy
Triple H
Trevor Murdoch
Big Daddy V
DH Smith
Brian Kendrick
Maria
Shelton Benjamin
Carlito

Talent Joining ECW (5)

Matt Hardy
Mark Henry
Hornswoggle
Super Crazy
Finlay

Talent Leaving Raw (11)

Jeff Hardy
Jim Ross
Umaga
Mr. Kennedy
Triple H
Trevor Murdoch
DH Smith
Super Crazy
Brian Kendrick
Maria
Carlito

Talent Leaving SmackDown (10)

Rey Mysterio
Matt Hardy
Michael Cole
Batista
Mark Henry
Jamie Noble
Deuce
Hornswoggle
Chuck Palumbo
Finlay

Talent Leaving ECW (7)

CM Punk
Kane
Big Daddy V
Matt Striker
Shelton Benjamin
Layla
Kofi Kingston

Looking at that I think ECW lost the most and Smackdown and Raw were about even.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Alright KD, you actually know what a good talented wrestler is, look at the wrestlers that joined Raw and tell me who you believe is a talented wrestler. Please do the same with the people that left Raw to join Smackdown.