• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Smackdown thread June 17th

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Who will be watching? I have to work a little bit late tonight so I'm not sure if I'll be back in time or not.

Will catch it eventually though.

I am intrigued to see what's next for Christian

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'll definitely be watching unless random plans spring up for me...I'm intrigued to see anything from Christian at this point - I'm loving it - and I'm interested to see what happens with Orton's concussion. Probably just no matches but they'll still talk like the Capitol Punishment title match is on.

Seeing more of Wade Barrett as a singles wrestler will be interesting, I really think that this is good for him (as much as I like factions, he's been a part of one for too long). It's going to be great for him. And as much as Ezekiel Jackson isn't exactly huge on in-ring variety, I'm a big fan...I like that he's using the Torture Rack now, and I won't be mad if he wins the IC Title at CP. They'll be having a rematch from Raw tonight, of Barrett, DiBiase and Rhodes vs. Zeke, Bryan, and Sin Cara.

I wonder what's next for Gabriel/Slater. I would guess continuing as a tag team but you never know. The good thing about their time as a team is that I've seen Slater grow, he's turned out to be a pretty good wrestler. Still has more room to grow, but he's visibly improved. They should keep the Corre name for their tag team, at least they can use the music and sell some T-Shirts haha.

The backstage clips with Johnny Curtis have been pretty entertaining, I'm looking forward to seeing his in-ring debut. It looks like he might be going heel, but who knows. Ideally I'd like to see him and Derrick Bateman as a tag team...they teamed in FCW and Bateman really needs to be on TV. Also, what happened to Brodius Clay? I'm fine with other guys getting his spot at this point, to be honest, but he'd be a good bodyguard again (maybe for Christian?).

I still want to see Tyson Kidd on Smackdown with a fixed manager...this switching every week on Superstars is entertaining because you never know who's going to show up, but c'mon use the kid while you've got him. He's awesome. Trent Barreta needs TV time as well.

Jinder Mahal has been great so far...love his finisher (I've always wanted someone to use that one). I'm sure we'll see him and Khali out there again this week. I'd like to see them in a tag match, and competing as a tag team.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was just on WWE.com and there's a picture of Barrett with the IC title over his shoulder that made me lol at how obviously photoshopped it was. Why make it so obvious? Just take a picture with him and the belt!

The Johnny Curtis stuff is something I failed to mention and I think is worth bringing up. I don't know what the hell they are doing with him but his actions seem like that of a heel but I suppose we don't know for sure yet.

I doubt we'll so many matches. I mean hell the only match announced is a rematch from RAW. Hopefully it gets more then 5 minutes on Smackdown.

And hey, this is post 15,000 for me. Not my best but not my worst either.

BOOBS