• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Smackdown thread 5/27/11

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Let's discuss Smackdown for tonight...

Hopefully it's a good show. Wonder what Christian's reaction will be to losing to Orton again.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Yeah the possibility of a Christian heel turn is still tumbling around in my mind...the circumstances are even more perfect now for it to happen, I don't really see why the WWE wouldn't want to pull the trigger. If they want to do Christian vs. Orton III at the PPV, why not use the coming weeks to establish a strong heel vs. face feud?

After watching his performances on Superstars in recent weeks, I'd love to see Tyson Kidd with regular SD appearances...he really deserves a push. I'm a huge fan of Zack Ryder and want him to get one over on Raw, but to be honest Kidd deserves one more based on solid wrestling skill. Daniel Bryan is the same way, he's been on TV but he needs something good. Even though Zeke vs. Barrett has been good, my ideal IC Title feud right now would be Tyson Kidd vs. Daniel Bryan. A guy can dream, lol.

I'm still looking forward to seeing the fallout of the Jackson/Barrett IC Title match, though.

I'm also enjoying what's going on between Jinder Mahal and The Great Khali. I want to see more of that this week...I wonder when we'll see Mahal wrestle?

I have no clue what would be next for Sin Cara. Despite his botches at the PPV, I'm still thinking that this guy will mature in the ring with more time in the WWE. I look forward to the next feud.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I still think they are building towards a heel turn for Christian. He lost again tonight and the reason he lost was because Orton came in the ring and the ref was distracted while Christian was covering Sheamus.

The Heel turn for Khali happened as well as he attacked his brother from behind. I am very interested in this for some reason.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah, I don't really understand Khali's heel turn. Like Millz, I'm curious to know what is going to come out of it. Is it the last time we see his brother? Or he'll try to get revenge somehow?

I personally don't believe Christian will be turning heel anytime soon to be honest. It would also be very hard to do at this point.

I'm not really surprised that Sheamus won last night, actually I expected to happen since he lost the US Title not to a long ago. I'm a little disappointed since we've seen this feud not to long ago, so I rather it be someone else.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Yeah, I don't really understand Khali's heel turn. Like Millz, I'm curious to know what is going to come out of it. Is it the last time we see his brother? Or he'll try to get revenge somehow?
Have a heel monster! Kane is face now, remember? It makes perfect sense.

I think he will tag with Jinder. Then obviously Jinder will carry most of the work.

Otherwise it was a good show.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I still think they are building towards a heel turn for Christian. He lost again tonight and the reason he lost was because Orton came in the ring and the ref was distracted while Christian was covering Sheamus.

The Heel turn for Khali happened as well as he attacked his brother from behind. I am very interested in this for some reason.
I agree with Millz on this...I think that - for some reason I don't understand - the WWE wants to make Christian's heel turn slow and painful. Part of me thinks that the reason could be that they want to slow this program between them enough to the point that when Christian is a full-fledged heel and facing Orton again one on one, it would be at Summerfest. I'm not sure about that, but just one of my guesses. Maybe they'll do it a little more quickly and this will happen at the next PPV or at MitB.

I personally don't believe Christian will be turning heel anytime soon to be honest. It would also be very hard to do at this point.

I'm not really surprised that Sheamus won last night, actually I expected to happen since he lost the US Title not to a long ago. I'm a little disappointed since we've seen this feud not to long ago, so I rather it be someone else.
I still hold to the idea that Christian will turn heel sometime in the next couple of months, even though he's been such a classic face lately. Like Millz said, Orton getting involved could start animosity between the two and it will probably go from there.

As far as Sheamus, since he and Orton had a program last year for a couple of months I honestly wanted Mark Henry to be the #1 contender for this. Just for something different...Mizark has been semi-interesting lately, and his change in attitude might be why I'd rather see him fight Orton. Sheamus had an interesting "Champion of the US" angle going, and now he's just back to his usual. He's a great competitor, for sure, he's just not drawing my attention right now.

Have a heel monster! Kane is face now, remember? It makes perfect sense.

I think he will tag with Jinder. Then obviously Jinder will carry most of the work.

Otherwise it was a good show.
I'd love to see Khali and Jinder as a tag team. My "obviously" statement would be that Khali would do most of the work and Jinder Mahal would pick up the scraps. But it would be a good way to add more to the tag division at this point, and to give Jinder some experience.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sheamus vs Orton isn't fresh so I don't see that lasting all that long. I mean the fact the match is this Friday and not on PPV makes me think Christian gets involved and something happens to set up the Capitol Punishment World title match.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Sheamus vs Orton isn't fresh so I don't see that lasting all that long. I mean the fact the match is this Friday and not on PPV makes me think Christian gets involved and something happens to set up the Capitol Punishment World title match.
That seems the most likely...and I (oh so obviously) just want Christian as the full fledged heel. What I'm afraid they'll do is just have him pissed at Orton because of his interference on Friday, leading up to a "We're two faces but we don't like each other anymore" match at CP. That can make for an intense match, but still. C'mon.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
That seems the most likely...and I (oh so obviously) just want Christian as the full fledged heel. What I'm afraid they'll do is just have him pissed at Orton because of his interference on Friday, leading up to a "We're two faces but we don't like each other anymore" match at CP. That can make for an intense match, but still. C'mon.
I think that's a good sign if they do that to be honest! I think you should be happy with that because that's just another heel turn sign for Christian IMO.

So Christian loses, again, and then goes nuts. Or something along those lines haha.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I think that's a good sign if they do that to be honest! I think you should be happy with that because that's just another heel turn sign for Christian IMO.

So Christian loses, again, and then goes nuts. Or something along those lines haha.
You're probably right, I'm just growing impatient because the opportunity has been there for a while now. I guess if I look at it objectively, things are staying on track and are looking good. Maybe if it's a slow change, and Christian has been at his best as a face throughout all of this, the fans will be more disappointed with a heel turn because they've been behind him so much.