• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Smackdown thread 2-11-11

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The World Title is on the line, again, on tonight's show. Here are the announced matches with no spoilers...

* Alberto Del Rio vs. Kofi Kingston in a non-title match.
* Justin Gabriel vs. Vladimir Kozlov
* Drew McIntyre vs. Chris Masters
* Wade Barrett vs. Rey Mysterio.
* Kane vs. JTG.
* WWE Divas Champion Eve Torres vs. Layla (with Michelle McCool).
* World Heavyweight champion Edge vs. Dolph Ziggler with Vickie Guerrero as the guest referee.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Unfortunately I read a spoiler by accident so I know what happens in the Main Event. I'll probably end up watching Smackdown tonight since I'll be staying in. With all these matches on the card, it as a chance to be a really good show. I'm definitely looking forward to it. The event is also in Green Bay so the atmosphere should be pretty good.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Man, wrestling has been great lately (WWE and TNA). I'm still reeling from my sickness that I've had this week, so I'll be staying in tonight to watch.

The main event will definitely be interesting, I've been having a lot of fun with this Ziggler/Vickie vs. Edge angle.

I look forward to anything involving the Corre, so Gabriel vs. Kozlov and Barrett vs. Mysterio will be fun to watch. I really hope the tag titles end up with The Corre or The Nexus sooner rather than later. Perfect WM match, to have the two feud for the belts.

The divas match might be ehh...I'm a fan of Layla, though, and her in-ring performance has been improving over time. Did anyone see that sick finisher from her last week?

Kane vs. JTG...all I can think is why? Unless they want to use Kane to somehow build a push for JTG. Which I doubt.

Definitely looking forward to Drew vs. Masters...we're going to see more character development with The Chosen One this week, I'm sure, after what had happened with Kelly Kelly.

I guess if tonight they're going ahead and making a non-title match for Kofi and Del Rio, we'll see them fight for the IC Title at Elimination Chamber? I could see Del Rio going into WM with it to fight for the World Heavyweight Title, for some reason.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Kane v. JTG is purely for squash purposes. Kane needs to be restored as a monster, to say the least.

The Drew/Masters match has plenty of potential, to say the least. Both players deserve major pushes.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Kane v. JTG is purely for squash purposes. Kane needs to be restored as a monster, to say the least.

The Drew/Masters match has plenty of potential, to say the least. Both players deserve major pushes.
Drew deserves a major push for sure, but I wouldn't say so about Masters. I was never a fan, but even I admit that he's really come out of his shell in the last year or so. He's doing a better job in the ring, too. Still, I don't think that he deserves a push on Smackdown before the likes of a ton of other guys on the show in the mid-card picture...I could name a lot.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Drew deserves a major push for sure, but I wouldn't say so about Masters. I was never a fan, but even I admit that he's really come out of his shell in the last year or so. He's doing a better job in the ring, too. Still, I don't think that he deserves a push on Smackdown before the likes of a ton of other guys on the show in the mid-card picture...I could name a lot.
But the thing is, Masters has gotten a major push before. He will get another one. He has the build. He has the potential. He gets one once, he will get it again.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I kinda wonder what they'll do with Masters. He has an awesome record this year but hasn't been featured much on the blue brand; mostly on Superstars and NXT. I hope Drew goes over him but I could see them pushing Masters too.

Kane squashed Chavo last week and surely will do the same tonight.

Should be a good show.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I kinda wonder what they'll do with Masters. He has an awesome record this year but hasn't been featured much on the blue brand; mostly on Superstars and NXT. I hope Drew goes over him but I could see them pushing Masters too.
Yeah. Drew will most likely win. They need to push him more a bit going to EC.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Like Raw this was just an average show, nothing to spectacular. The Del Rio/Kofi match was very entertaining. Kofi got some good shots in with the Kendo Stick before the match itself, which you clearly saw on Del Rio.

Masters put on another great show, that sort of sit powerbomb he did on Drew was pretty good.

On to the main event itself, pretty good. Both Edge and Ziggler got some good moves in and the match pretty long and exciting. Not really surprised that Matthews came down in a ref uniform and counted the 1, 2, 3 for Edge. The only thing missing was Matthews giving the spear to Ziggler, but there's reasons why it wasn't done.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree that the show was good in spots but overall was just eh, alright. Masters does continue to impress...not sure where that is coming from haha