SmackDown! Results 08/22 [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by viLky, Aug 24, 2008.

1. viLky

viLky ykLiv

SmackDown! results for 08/22/08:

• [*]Dark Match: Takeshi Morishima (with Tony Atlas) defeated Jamie Noble.
      [*]A Scramble match is announced for WWE title at Unforgiven.
      [*]Maria vs. Natalya ended with a no contest when Maryse and Michelle McCool ran in.
      [*]10 Man Battle Royal to qualify for PPV Scramble. Big Show eliminates everyone but Brian Kendrick is caught by Ezekiel and tossed back in the ring. Show doesn't realize and eliminates himself stepping over the ropes. Kendrick qualifies for the Scramble.
      [*]MVP defeated Festus by countout to qualify for the Scramble.
      [*]In a Scramble qualification, Shelton Benjamin defeated Finlay after Mike Knox goes after Hornswoggle, distracting Finlay. Knox laid out Finlay after.
      [*]They announced Undertaker would return to Smackdown tonight.
      [*]In a Scramble qualification, Jeff Hardy pinned The Great Khali after Triple H, who was at ringside doing commentary, nailed Khali with a chair.
      [*]WWE champ Triple H does an interview. Kenny Dykstra comes out and gets a Pedigree for his efforts.
      [*]La Familia comes out. No Edge obviously. Vickie Guerrero wants to apologize to Undertaker. Taker comes out. Vickie gets on knees to beg. "Taker didn't come out for an apology. He came for her soul." Beatdown by Taker. La Familia turns the table. Taker lays out everyone but Vickie, turns to her and makes the throat slashing motion. End of show.
      [*]In the dark match main event, WWE champ Triple H defeated Great Khali with a sledgehammer shot.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
      This is a BIG WOW in who they picked for the Scramble match: The Brian Kendrick, MVP, Shelton and Jeff Hardy. The big shock is The Brain Kendrick. You'd think he would battle for US Champion... Well, Shelton has that and he's a heel. Hmm... It's good to see him getting pushed straight to the top. Haha

Some funny moments with Triple H and Kenny, The Undertaker taking out La Famila and the MVP vs Festus match was pretty good.

2. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I missed the show but Kendrick!?!?!

FUCKING RIGHT. I am so happy right now.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Every wrestler that I predicted in Are You Serious WWE thread is going to be in the 5-Men Scramble Match, I wish I was wrong with The Brian Kendrick, but I knew he was going to be in it because he's getting a HUGE push right now.

Dont know why, I personally don't think he deserves to be in this match, but that's just my personal opinion.

viLky likes this.
  4. Millz

He probably doesnt deserve it because he's still green to the singles aspect of wrestling but damn does his credibility skyrocket. This is awesome for this young man...he just oozes talent. I hope he has an impact in there.

viLky likes this.
  5. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I guess Triple H decided that smashing one opponent wasn't enough, so, he wanted to destroy 4 mid-carders instead. :'(

Atreyu likes this.
  6. Millz

I actually think we're going to have a new WWE Champion at Unforgiven. And let me say, he's going to be most valuable to the Smackdown brand.

7. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Who do you think it could be? I can only see Jeff winning it due to him and Triple H having a run on RAW. Still, with his habits in the pass, it's hard to imagine WWE giving him a shot with such a huge title. MVP is also another choice...

If The Brain Kendrick won, I would so love that. A total :zomg: moment.

8. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

That would Kill the prestige of the Title

9. viLky

viLky ykLiv

It's true, it would:

- The Undertaker
    - Triple H
    - Edge
    - The Brain Kendrick
    - Batista

XD

I'm rooting for Jeff Hardy or MVP to swoop in and capture the title at the last minute. After that, create a feud between Triple H and XX for the next PPV.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  10. Millz

I think you missed my MVP hint in my post above yours :D

Actually, I hope Triple H retains and then MVP beats him for the belt in a classic one on one match. Whenever (or if) Hardy ever wins the belt it needs to be in a one on one match too...it would feel more special.

Kendrick...love the guy, wont happen. He's not over enough yet. I think he's getting there but not yet. Regardless its AWESOME he's in this match.

Benjamin...probably wont win but it looks like his big push is continuing.