• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Smackdown! live?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I've always wondered if the WWE has considered making Smackdown go live like RAW. It would probably help boost the ratings and help to get the younger guys used to being on live television.

There has been rumors about making the Smackdown before every PPV live.

viLky

ykLiv
I also heard this rumor and got excited when I heard about it. Live just has that extra touch to make it more entertaining.

Still..., SmackDown! is on network TV and it makes me wonder if they'll risk it doing it Live. Some reasons could be cussing (from the audience) and blood (they usually black & white it when they show clips from RAW). I know there is usually a delay on Live television in case one of these things happen.

Last edited:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well I'd definitely be all for Smackdown going live if they wanted to push it that way. We saw what happened with Raw when they did that and if they made it live once a month I think that'll be awesome.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I can't see why they don't take Smackdown to cable.
------
J.R. said on his blog that it was just a rumor and there was nothing true about it.

Jim Ross said:
I also did some more research on the rumor that Smackdown was going to be changed to a live broadcast on Friday nights and my 'sources close to the decision makers' say it is absolutely not going to happen. Take that as you may as some folks would rather believe rumor than factual info.

Last edited:

viLky

ykLiv
Aww, too bad. It was a nice rumor and idea while it lasted. >.<;

I guess if WWE did had the idea floating around it could've been dropped fast due to:

- exceeding the time they're giving (by The CW)
- editing (botching, too long, pops)
- things the FCC might find offensive

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wouldn't have any problems with Smackdown going live, especially with the new additions they just made. I believe if it was Live the ratings would defenitely be higher, and calling it Friday Night Smackdown would make much more sense.