Smackdown discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

If you haven't read what happened on Smackdown do not read this topic.

Overall it seemed like a good show, The Rock cuts a sick promo which is around eight minutes long, it's amazing, funny and the end brings goosebumps because he said he wants to be a guest host on Raw. Man I miss those types of promo's.

2. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Too bad The Rock did a taped promo instead of a live one on SmackDown! - It just didn't feel as good as it would have if he actually showed up instead of taping it a week beforehand. He could have gotten a huge reaction. Guess they're waiting to give that reaction RAW. Heh.

Didn't like seeing HBK showing up on SmackDown!'s 10 year anniversary. For a guy who "doesn't work Tuesday" and that has neve been on SmackDown! in those ten years (to my knowledge) I think it sucks that he was in the main event. Get your butt back to RAW and stay there. =P

I liked the CM Punk promo, R-Truth and that other guy (oops, forgot his name) and... ugh... Lumberjill match and a few others. A solid B for me.

3. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

Drew Mcintyre :D He's alright I guess, but his accent puts me off, not that I have nothing against the scottish, god bless Piper :D

The Rocks promo was awesome, would have been a bit more fun if he was actually there.....the crowd was quite terrible in terms of reaction towards the great one.

The tribute to Eddie Gurerro was amazing, had a bit of goosebumps watching it.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  4. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Oh, and I LOVE the new SmackDown! theme. It's the first I ever liked and I hope it wasn't just for the 10th anniversary, either. I hope they use it for at least a year or so. AMAZING! ^_^

5. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

Yeah it was awesome...

What did you think of Eddie Guererros tribute? I thought it was excellent.

6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Yeah, the tribute was good and I'm glad they rememebred Eddie. I guess it's obvious why they didn't do one for Chris Benoit, eh...?

And, Vickie coming back to SmackDown! was another shocker. After the way Vince and the wrestlers treated her I'm surprised she sucked it up and decided to come back. She has a new hair style, but the same heelish attitude. Makes me wonder if her new "man" is going to take on Edge when he gets back. Sheesh, Edge will have Jericho and Vickie's new guy to take on when he returns. :)

7. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Michaels wrestled Kane on Smackdown sometime this year...can't remember the reason. It's that he can't do it FULL TIME...every once in a while he can work one week though.

Loved the Rock promo

Shocked Vickie not only came back but is staying on full time. Good for Eric Escobar though,

8. Unity

Unity Chett Chetterfield Staff Member

I'm glad Vickie's coming back as a manager! She's great, and will be big for Escobar.

What's the general vibe on him...is he coming with a lot of acclaim?

As for the anniversary show in general, I enjoyed it. I watched it last night on YouTube, actually, since I was out of town. The Rock cracked me up and was a lot of fun, and the show had some good matches and some great laughs.

9. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

10. Unity

Unity Chett Chetterfield Staff Member

I have a feeling I'm going to like this dude, unless he ends up sucking in the ring. I love his "Puerto Rican Nightmare" nickname listed on Wikipedia, and I hope the WWE goes with it!

Also, his 3 listed finishers are all great, IMO. I'm a big fan of these moves. They're a Lifting DDT (I'm guessing ala Gangrel), a Full Nelson Slam, and a Spinning Side Slam.