• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Smackdown discussion: November 12th, 2010

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
SD tonight looks to have a match between The Big Show and Kane, a match between MVP and Ziggler (maybe for the IC title? The site was a little unclear if it was going to be on the line tonight), and one between Edge and David Otunga...if Otunga loses he'll be kicked out of the Nexus.

Discuss your thoughts and the results of the show here!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I personally believe Otunga gets kicked out of Nexus tonight. It's an easy way to kick him out and let him refresh so to speak. It's easy to make him disappear for a few weeks to a month to work on a few things. He can just come back and say he was in Hollywood for a movie or something of that nature.

Also, unfortunately there's no way that he'll get fired, send down to FCW permently. He's married to Jennifer Hudson, and that's huge for the WWE.

I'm looking forward to tonights episode.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Ziggler/MVP match is for the IC title. Last week MVP beat Rhodes and McIntyre to become the #1 contender.

I see Edge beating Otunga as well.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm surprised that MVP is getting a push all of a sudden, I doubt he'll win the IC Title, but it's good to see him being the number one candidate. I honestly believed that he was going to be one of the next wrestlers to get his pink slip.

That said it should be a good match, Ziggler as been a good champion since he won the title against Kingston.

Glad to see that both the IC and US Title are getting defended more often.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
The Ziggler/MVP match is for the IC title. Last week MVP beat Rhodes and McIntyre to become the #1 contender.

I see Edge beating Otunga as well.
I definitely think Edge will win, I don't see Otunga staying with the Nexus. It's like when he finally has put together one or two semi-decent matches he's gone, lol. Which is fine, everyone knows I'm not a big fan. I was talking to Millz about Otunga and Darren Young forming a tag team...the division needs one right now, they have something in common, I'd like to see it get a chance. Sometimes people I wouldn't be a fan of as a single wrestler (Team 3D) can be really strong teams. And the WWE needs to take chances on tag division stuff right now (haha surprise, surprise, Unity is talking tag wrestling).

The only way I could see him staying is if Barrett is happy with his actions at the end of RAW this week and he gets Nexus support to get the victory.

I'm surprised that MVP is getting a push all of a sudden, I doubt he'll win the IC Title, but it's good to see him being the number one candidate. I honestly believed that he was going to be one of the next wrestlers to get his pink slip.

That said it should be a good match, Ziggler as been a good champion since he won the title against Kingston.

Glad to see that both the IC and US Title are getting defended more often.
You know I want MVP pushed, but I don't think that's what is happening. I think he's just getting the match (non PPV, of course...) because he's an available face. It could even end up building a different feud. I'd hope he has a chance to have a great match and continue the feud, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'll be happy with either winner, though. Maybe MVP needs it more.
------
I enjoyed the show, overall. They've got a great roster right now. MVP/Ziggler was good, I missed some but caught the end. Looks like with a controversial ending that the feud will continue, sounds good to me!

Edge was awesome...great opening segment, great end to the night w/ tying up Paul Bearer! Next world champ.

On the other side of the coin, Kane was awesome as well! Great backstage promo before Edge's match. I didn't consider his interference leading to Otunga staying in the Nexus until that promo happened right before the match, but it made sense. Not a huge Otunga fan, but I'm happier with Nexus keeping its numbers up right now.

"Dashing" Cody Rhodes is the man...seriously put a belt on that guy, yesterday. I understand that he's not ready for the World Heavyweight Championship yet, but he will be someday..no doubt. I'd say right now giving him the IC Title is the best thing they could do on Smackdown.

Their mid-card is stacked...Cody, Dolph, MVP, Drew, Kofi Johnson, Del Rio, Swagger...not to mention the guys waiting to bust into the mid-card scene IMO, like Kaval, Vance Archer, Tyler Reks...good stuff! Now make some actual story-driven feuds with all of these dudes, instead of the constant "good guy vs bad guy for the IC title" stuff.

Last edited:

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
With Otunga winning on Smackdown, the WWE must have big plans for Nexus. I think this is a clear sign that Cena is going to turn heel. I mean Nexus beat up the Undertaker at Bragging Rights. And all of a sudden they are invading Smackdown. Cena is behind this, pure and simple.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
With Otunga winning on Smackdown, the WWE must have big plans for Nexus. I think this is a clear sign that Cena is going to turn heel. I mean Nexus beat up the Undertaker at Bragging Rights. And all of a sudden they are invading Smackdown. Cena is behind this, pure and simple.
Just curious how you tie Otunga's victory to Nexus' success...I mean I think it's good for the stable to have numbers, but they would have continued well with or without him. He really only won because Kane has it in for Edge; last week, in fact, he lost.

And do you mean that Cena joining Nexus is the reason why Nexus is getting notoriety (with the last sentence)? I can see that, but I'd argue that they've been a part of "big plans" for a while now.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Well, it seems odd that they would attack the Undertaker just for the hell of it a Bragging Rights. That moment will setup a feud with John Cena for WM. Also Nexus is all of a sudden invading Smackdown was not Barrett's doing, it was hopefully Cena's doing.