• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Smackdown Discussion: May 13th, 2011

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
With the Christian/Orton situation happening on the Smackdown landscape right now, I thought I'd start the discussion thread a few days early.

What are you expecting to happen with Christian/Orton? What do you want to happen?

Looking at the rest of the show, it'll be interesting to see what's next for The Corre and ex-member Ezekiel Jackson.

Personally, I'm also really excited to see Chavo and Sin Cara getting a program started...what a perfect choice for Sin Cara's first actual program.

Also, sort of a random thought: I'm really hoping that Ted DiBiase, Jr. gets to make his first appearance on the Blue Show this week. That guy needs a face turn or an IC Title run or something, IMO. He's got the skills to be a great member of the roster, but he just hasn't been used.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Thought that I'd bump the thread...anyone watching the show tonight?

I've got family coming into town that are staying at my house, so I might have to miss it while visiting with them. I'm hoping that I'll get a chance to watch, but I can always try to catch it another time online or on Universal HD (a channel that re-shows Raw and SD on Saturday nights, twice).

I'm really wanting to see the fallout of Christian/Orton.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
We will no doubt be seeing Orton/Christian at OtL, so knowing the WWE, we will probably have a pretty awesome main event tonight.

I'm really intrigued by the possible Sin Cara/Chavo feud... would be awesome given the possible chemistry. Same with Jinder and Khali. Could be good!

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
We will no doubt be seeing Orton/Christian at OtL, so knowing the WWE, we will probably have a pretty awesome main event tonight.

I'm really intrigued by the possible Sin Cara/Chavo feud... would be awesome given the possible chemistry. Same with Jinder and Khali. Could be good!
You know what I'd actually like to see out of Jinder/Khali? Jinder convinces Singh that he's been misusing all of that potential power that he has at his fingertips, and somehow they "unleash the beast" in Khali again. He turns heel, and teams with Jinder either in a tag team capacity or simply to get Jinder over as he debuts (by interfering, bodyguarding, etc.).

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think you're spot on about Khali and this new guy. That look on Khali's face was something we haven't seen in a while! Tag team maybe?!

Rhodes over DiBiase...should mention that. We'll see if they ever decide to push Teddy.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I think you're spot on about Khali and this new guy. That look on Khali's face was something we haven't seen in a while! Tag team maybe?!

Rhodes over DiBiase...should mention that. We'll see if they ever decide to push Teddy.
I was thinking tag team, too! haha...can you guys tell Millz and I grew up on awesome tag team wrestling? Anyway, I really enjoyed the way that they did things (and I think it's looking like I was spot on, lol)...to see a beast like Khali taking shots and not responding, and actually acting like he felt ashamed, was pretty cool.

Seeing Khali in a tag team would make me tolerate him a little more than usual...and would be a good way to introduce Jinder Mahal into the WWE. Make it happen, it's worth a try.

I knew Rhodes would win, but it was really cool to see DiBiase in a face-like role. Just going against Cody could make anyone a face, further proof of his awesomeness lol. I still think that Teddy has a ton of potential. He has a good presence and great fundamental style in the ring. He and Rhodes put on a nice, technically sound match. I really enjoyed watching that one.

And speaking of technically sound: Sin Cara vs. Daniel Bryan. Match of the week, IMO. I don't know if they had to edit out Sin Cara's botches, but the match was really really entertaining. Bryan did an awesome job, as did Cara...I'd love to see matches like this on a weekly basis.

On Superstars there was a match between Tyson Kidd and Trent Baretta that was really technically good as well..I mean just looking at them, Cara, Bryan, gives me huge hope for the current Smackdown Roster. They need to push matches from guys like these instead of Mark Henry, lol. Great stuff lately.

The Christian/Orton stuff, what can I say...still entertaining but it was predictable this week. I'm hoping for that heel turn at the PPV...the closer we get to seeing it happen then, the bigger of a chance that it will lead to Captain Charisma taking his title back.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
The Christian/Orton stuff, what can I say...still entertaining but it was predictable this week. I'm hoping for that heel turn at the PPV...the closer we get to seeing it happen then, the bigger of a chance that it will lead to Captain Charisma taking his title back.
Christian will not be getting the title back anytime soon. Honestly, he won it for the sake of the moment with Edge at Extreme Rules, and for no other reason.

Even a heel turn can't fix the fact that he is going to fall into some semi-obscure position again.